180 Top English Research Topics and Ideas
Table of Contents
What are the best English Research Topics? Do you want to write an impressive research paper on a unique English research topic? In general, when it comes to writing a research paper on English, there are numerous topics you can research about. However, out of them all, choosing an interesting topic that will help you grab the attention of the readers is really challenging.
If you are confused about how to choose a good English research topic and write a brilliant English research paper, then continue reading this blog and learn how to get started. Also, explore the suggested list of the top English research paper topics and ideas for writing an A+ English assignment.
English Research Paper Topic Selection
It is essential for every student to have knowledge of how to select a good topic for writing an academic essay or research paper. No matter whether it is an English research paper or the research papers of any other subject, whenever you are assigned a task to write a research paper by selecting a topic on your own, this is what you should do.
- First, identify the topic of your interest.
- Conduct background research and brainstorm different ideas related to your area of interest.
- Note down various keywords that will help you narrow down the essay topic.
- Finally, analyze and get different perspectives on the topic by raising the questions such as what, why, who, and when.
- Based on your answers to the variety of questions, prepare an outline of how your content would look like.
- Before finalizing your research topic, keep in mind the length, due date and also check whether or not your topic meets all the assignment requirements shared by your instructor.
For choosing the best English research topic, you don’t need to be so focused on a specific topic. Instead, you can modify your topic and generate new interesting research ideas to deal with by analyzing the different perspectives of the topic.
Remember, the research topic you choose is said to be good only if it is interesting and exciting to you and your readers. Also, it is advisable to go with a topic you are familiar with and have a wide research scope and different reference sources. So, when generating research paper topic ideas, keep these aspects in mind and make sure to pick a unique topic that will help you earn an A+ grade.
Read More – Learn and Understand the Common English Techniques
List of English Research Topics and Ideas
As said earlier, English is a broad subject with a variety of research topics. If you are asked to write an English research paper, you can choose any topic from categories that are related to English literature, technology, drugs and alcohol, politics, culture, religion, gender discrimination, and activism.
Usually, searching and finding a good research topic consumes a lot of time and effort. Hence, in order to make your search process easier and to help you save time, here we have recommended a list of the top English Research Topics and Ideas.
Go through the entire list of ideas and pick a research topic that is comfortable for you to perform research and write a top-quality English research paper.
Outstanding English Research Topics
- Examine American Literature
- How have women contributed to literature?
- Advantages of studying internationally versus locally
- What is the prevalence of discrimination at work today?
- How do alcohol and drug addiction lead to suicide?
- Ways of improving race relations
- How have novels impacted political issues?
- Should corporal punishment be allowed?
- Analyze terrorism and its impact on business
- Should drug testing be mandatory for student-athletes?
- How effective is the no child left behind act?
- The effect of cell phones and texting
- The impact of tenure on the teaching quality
- The impact of tariffs on domestic jobs
- The issue of accessibility of contraceptives for high school students
Amazing English Research Paper Topics
- Should people sell their organs to get money?
- Ways of reducing human trafficking in America
- The role of technology in economics
- Psychological factors that influence consumer choice
- Biblical allegories in modern literature
- The democratic political system along with its benefits and limitations
- Difference between authoritarianism, democracy, and monarchy
- Biblical hermeneutics
- Manuscripts of the New Testament
- Textual Criticism of the New Testament
- Controversies related to Euthanasia
- Describe the contributions of Indian writers to English literature.
- Explain the theme of racism in Heart of Darkness by Josef Conrad.
- The manifestation of non-standard usage of English among University Students.
- Describe the personal happiness versus societal norms in Victorian literature.
Also read: Top 12 Longest Words in the English Language
Intriguing English Research Paper Topics
- Find and compare the same characters in Japanese Myths and anime series
- How has Miguel de Cervantes ridiculed chivalrous ideals, and why is it now essential for society?
- The consequences of negativity in modern literature.
- How can hunting become a necessary means in some cases?
- Provide a detailed history of the Hundred Years’ War and its results.
- Holy Roman Empire: from successor to the Romans to a Nazi symbol.
- Liberalism in national politics: emergence and evolution.
- The history of the world is a series of conquests.
- Impact of counseling and guidance on scholars’ academic performance.
- Sexism in the media industry
- Drawbacks of a democratic political system
- The issue of feminist women being too harsh on other women who don’t support the movement
- Whether or not convicted criminals should be eligible for social welfare.
- The effects of gangs in poor urban centers
- How can the pleasure of literature lead to a dark side?
Best English Research Ideas
- The perception of how women love in the legend of La Llorona
- The importance of the digitization of medical records
- Life in London in the 18th century
- Literary Criticism of The Monk by Mathew Lewis
- Compare and contrast Dover Beach by Matthew Arnold and The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S Eliot.
- Discuss the theme of industrialization, corruption, and capitalism using Williams Blake’s London.
- The expectation of women in Marge Piercy’s Barbie Doll
- Criticism of gender roles in The Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
- The theme of racism in Heart of Darkness by Josef Conrad
- How modern-day heroes shape young people
- The link between illegal immigration and terrorism
- Does modern technology for teaching affect the quality of education?
- How marriage has changed in modern society
- Celebration of Pride Month in the United Kingdom
- Cases of Mercy Killing in the United States
Informative Topics for English Research Paper
- Euthanasia – Right to Die versus Right to Life
- Use of automation in Healthcare system
- What is the neoclassical period in English Literature?
- What is Medieval English Literature as well as the idea of the anthology?
- Explain the variations across the different dialects and speakers of English
- What is the impact of diversity on a society’s development and progress?
- Should the government control what is served in school cafeterias?
- The high school curriculum should include subjects related to real life. Discuss.
- What are the psychological effects of the Holocaust on the survivors?
- Effectiveness of the federal education system as compared to other countries’ education systems.
- Discuss the role of postsecondary educational institutions in American literacy.
- Legal consequences of plagiarism in academic writing.
- How to boost English communication skills for international students?
- Technical barriers in oral and written communication in the English language.
Interesting English Research Topics
- Pros and Cons of e-learning
- The American dream for immigrants and marginalized group
- Are UFOS a reality or fiction?
- Write about the life of tribals.
- How has the role of women in the military and battlefield changed?
- How technology is revolutionizing terrorism
- The drawbacks of online dating apps
- How depression affects human behavior
- Violent discipline by caregivers affects a child’s mental growth
- How alternative medicine for cancer is unsafe
- Negative effects of doing the wrong exercises
- Cybercrime is the new terrorism
- European influence on fashion in the world
- The genetic link to optimism can shape attitudes. Explain
- The Impact of Bioterrorism
Captivating English Research Paper Ideas
- Effects of commercialization of sports
- Dangers of consuming organic foods
- The refugee crisis is increasing terrorism
- Analysis of the Crisis between Ukraine and Russia
- Impact of the controversial cartoon of Prophet Muhammad
- The recent issue on Prophet Muhammad
- The threat of Third World War
- How the English Language Has Evolved Over the Last 20 Years Due to Improvements in Technology.
- What is the difference between communicative English as well as Written English?
- Discuss the role of America in the aerospace field.
- What is psychology and Literature?
- Does beauty, in general, determine how much a person will be successful in life?
- What are some pros and cons related to plastic surgery?
- Cross-cultural influences of the English language.
- Should sports betting be regulated?
- Critical analysis of the role of the National Organization for Women (NOW)
- What other common sayings such as “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” exist in your language?
- Discuss the importance of learning the English language to increase employability in developed nations
- Communism as an ideology and communism in USSR are many different things: Explain
- Theatre artists often risk their mental health while playing the roles of killers: Explain with justification
Excellent English Research Paper Topics
- Tobacco advertising and its effects
- Dangers of weight lifting on women
- The definition of feminism has changed since the 18th century
- Should it be mandatory for parents to control their kid’s social media accounts?
- Globalization and How it affects the Economy
- Contributions by Indian writers to English literature.
- The civil rights movement and the effects
- Shakespeare’s contribution to English literature.
- Industrialization and agricultural activities are the greatest contributors to climate change
- Is social media making it easy for models to become rich?
- The reasons for fictional languages in literature
- Female writers in English literature.
- Gender controversy in modern English.
- Challenges of learning English as a second language
- The role of women in the military.
Popular English Research Topics
- The impact of child labor on society.
- The decline or increase of divorce over the decades
- The role of affirmative action in education or work
- The COVID-19 – An Unrestricted Bio-weapon
- The Outbreak of Monkeypox
- Contribution of the World Poet Rabindranath Tagore in the field of global Literature
- Contribution of William Gaddis in the field of US literature
- Can fan fiction consider in terms of independent literature?
- What do you mean by comedy literature?
- What is the influence of modern technology on the quality of education?
- How depression affects human behavior?
- The effective ways to reduce bullying in learning institutions
- What has led to the reduction of unemployment today?
- Analyze crimes orchestrated by white collars and the punishments
- How prevalent are wrongful convictions?
Impressive English Research Paper Topics
- Should we legalize all immigrants without papers?
- How efficient are police borders?
- How are activism and protests criminalized?
- The modern pop musician has more influence than musicians of the 80s
- Children should be taught at school about various types of sexual orientation
- Therapy and how it can be an effective rehabilitation method for hard-core prisoners
- Is bodybuilding only for boosting ego or for health reasons?
- Dehumanization effects of colonialism in Heart of Darkness by Josef Conrad
- Sea symbolism in Dover Beach by Matthew Arnold
- Use The Monk by Matthew Lewis as a response to formal realism.
- Strange medieval family laws and their influence on society
- Golan Heights and its importance to the Israelites
- The pros and cons of legalizing prostitution
- Second-hand smoke is the major cause of lung cancer deaths
- Athletes are excelling because of their professional trainers.
- Critical analysis of the impact of religious believers and stereotypes of society
- Discuss the similarities and differences between classical music and modern music
- Analyze the relationship between social status and political power depicted in William Shakespeare’s play
- What should be actions every government needs to undertake to provide equal rights and opportunities to the people belonging to the LGBTQ+ community?
- Discuss how Europeans perceive Indians and Middle-East countries’ people
Also read: Learn About Different Language Features in English
Trending English Research Paper Topics
- How obsession with healthy eating can drive more people into anorexia
- Ethical Use of Stem Cells
- What are the reasons for the fictional languages in the literature?
- Is it ethical to wear fur coats?
- Are standardized tests a good way to evaluate a student’s knowledge?
- Is random drug testing in the workplace ethical and necessary?
- Is technology affecting health management?
- If college education is made free, will it be more or less qualitative?
- Does motivation play a role in human development?
- Do pharmaceutical companies view the Ebola vaccine as unprofitable?
- Should the use of marijuana be regulated?
- Have the effects of religious cults changed today as compared to those in ancient society?
- Caricature and Nigger – An Anti-Black Imagery
- Effect of systemic diseases on olfactory functioning among coronavirus infected patients
- Which practices of the Native Americans help them to protect nature?
- Discuss the way music listening practices changed during the last three decades
- Analyze the negative impacts of social media networking sites on face-to-face or physical communications
- What should be strategies every government needs to undertake to ensure equal access to technology, health, and education?
- Compare and contrast the philosophy of African culture and European culture
From the list of English research topics and ideas suggested in this blog post, you can use any topic of your choice and come up with an excellent, top-scoring English research paper. If you still find it difficult to choose an impressive English research paper topic, then you can use our English Assignment Help service without hesitation.
We are well-known for offering reliable essay writing and research paper writing service to our customers by connecting them with well-experienced academic writers in various fields of study. So, without any second thought, just avail of our USA assignment help & writing service to enjoy the necessary academic benefits at a reasonable rate.
Python Language Advantages and its Applications
125 Captivating Geography Research Topics
235 Best Argument or Position Paper Topics
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
190 Unique Business Essay Topics and Ideas
165 best bioethics topics for academic writing, top 155 java project ideas for beginners and experts, get to know how to write a reflective essay, what are the different types of essay format, know how to write an assignment introduction, how many pages is 1000 words, learn how to write a hypothesis for a research paper, 71 intriguing hobby essay topics to write about, learn about the 16 pertinent uses of accounting, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
250+ Research Paper Topic Ideas For Every Learner
Since you are reading this page, you might be looking for good research topics for your school or college papers or just need a little bit of inspiration to start or continue. Regardless if you are looking for psychology research topics for college students or hope to find something that will simply stand out, remember that choosing a good topic is already half of a successful paper. If you choose something you know well and the subject meets your list of arguments, continue with an outline and come up with an excellent paper. Your topic must be competitive and unique, which is why it is so important to look through the list of possible research paper ideas.
How to Choose a Topic for a Research Paper?
Before you give up on your challenges and think about a cheap research paper , take your time to learn what it means to choose a good topic. You should start with the following checklist that will help you to brainstorm the best research paper topics:
- Explore Things That Interest You.
- Check Your List of Relevant Sources.
- Consult Your Grading Rubric.
- Brainstorm Competitive Research Topic Ideas.
- Talk to Your Course Instructor or a School Teacher.
Moreover, always take time to check similar research papers but remember about possible plagiarism risks and always provide due reference if you mention any idea that is not yours.
What is a Good Topic for a Research Paper?
As a rule, a good topic for a research paper must meet provided assignment requirements to the letter. If you are not sure about some aspect, always ask your college professor or talk to your teacher in advance.
Next, you must choose something that you know well and provide more than one opinion unless you are asked to provide your opinion only . It is also recommended to avoid topics that are too broad because you may easily make your research too vague.
Most importantly, your chosen topic should also reflect your main thesis statement or an argument that you make.
The List of Research Topics by Field of Study
As you are thinking about various research paper topics ideas, it is high time to consider taking a closer look at our helpful list that has all the necessities provided by categories. Regardless if you need something useful for your middle school paper or you keep looking for something controversial and demanding, our 250+ research topics list includes it all.
Science research paper topics
- Should nanotechnologies be made available to the general public?
- Should genetic experiments be banned completely?
- What are the challenges of conversion to green energy?
- How can additional research in the field of Chemistry improve food quality?
- The connection of chemicals in the seawater and the weather changes.
- The implementation of bioluminescence aspects in medical applications.
- The boron nitride research and crystallization.
- The future of non-petroleum manufacturing.
- The ethical side of pharmaceutical competition and pollution.
- The ways how biocomputing technology assists in scientific research.
English research paper topics
- The consequences of negativity in modern literature.
- Professional jargon on social media.
- How does language help to shape one's cultural identity?
- The link of language aspects to literacy.
- The use of language in political competition.
- The challenges of modern English literature.
- How can specific words impact our perception of things?
- Neuro-linguistic programming in the English language.
- The linguistic peculiarities between middle and low-class communities.
- The use of automatic grammar checkers in education.
Literature research paper topics
- The portrayal of gender roles in the literature of the 18th century.
- How has the mystery genre changed with the arrival of digital technologies?
- The digital books vs books in print.
- How has modern literature changed in the last two decades?
- The challenges of modern book authors.
- The perception of religion in modern literature.
- The analysis of "The Things They Carried" by Tim O'Brien.
- How do allusions and metaphors help in literature?
- Do history books help college students to learn the subject?
- How can reading books improve a person's mental state?
- The Declaration of Independence 1776 analysis.
- The challenges of slavery in the United States.
- What has caused the Emancipation Proclamation of 1863?
- The Civil War’s causes and effects.
- The cultural impact of Native Americans.
- The echoes of the Vietnam War.
- The Black Lives Matter Social Movement
- How has industrialization changed American society?
- Interwar Period in popular media.
- The portrayal of the Great Depression.
Healthcare research topics
- How should stem cell research be approached?
- Will portable medical devices create a revolution in the ER department?
- Is the building of artificial organs ethical?
- The causes of colon cancer.
- The link between antibiotics overuse and the increase in epidemics.
- What causes the long-forgotten diseases to return once again in 2021?
- How do annual doctor visits prevent diseases and help people to stay healthy?
- Is autism an illness and how can it be helped?
- The ways to help people with epilepsy.
- The origins of the West Nile virus.
Law and criminology research paper topics
- The problem of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- What causes hate crimes towards a race?
- The list of war crimes committed by the United States.
- An analysis of police brutality.
- What causes human rights activists to become biased?
- How can juvenile crimes be decreased?
- Should the drug courts be modified?
- What are criminal justice ethics?
- The pros and cons of capital punishment?
- Crime prevention with the help of social media.
Anthropology research paper topics
- The agricultural practices and religious beliefs.
- The role of omen in Ancient Roman culture.
- Analysis of the burial customs in Europe.
- The body image modification challenges in 2021.
- The role of cinematography in history studies.
- What causes the biocultural evolution of humans?
- The digital communication aspects.
- Immersion between Western and Eastern cultures.
- Biological deformation during the Vietnam War.
- The challenges of biological determinism.
Math research topics
- The types of Math used in our daily life.
- The use of numerical data in healthcare.
- Analysis of the binomial theorem.
- The use of a philosophical approach in Maths.
- The use of geometry for the creation of a matrix.
- How can imaginary numbers help in prognosis?
- How can discrete geometry be approached?
- What are the main challenges of students failing to cope with Math problems?
- The use of n-dimensional spaces in 3D design.
- The use of Maths and Horn's paradox.
Social science topics for research papers
- The role of social movements in 2021.
- How can the youth culture shape be helpful to prevent crimes?
- The problems of class conflict and inequality in the United States.
- How can gender studies help people to approach their sexuality?
- The challenges of food sociology.
- How can community work help students learn better?
- How can social media contacts improve one's social skills?
- How has mass media changed in the last two decades?
- The reasons behind the major gender stereotypes.
- The race and the cultural perceptions.
Ethics paper topics
- The pros and cons of plastic surgery.
- Should abortion be banned in the United States?
- How safe is animal testing?
- Why should capital punishment be banned?
- The reasons behind human trafficking.
- Are human beings good or evil by nature?
- Should the pharmaceutical industry be fully governmental?
- Is ethnic adoption racial?
- The pros and cons of childhood stardom.
- Should euthanasia be allowed?
Education research paper topics
- The pros and cons of Montessori schools.
- Should children adopt technology from early childhood?
- The challenges of computer literacy in 2021.
- How have the learning styles changed during Covid-19?
- Should the government fund education and make it free?
- The charter school’s pros and cons.
- The use of technology in education.
- What are the main issues of school safety in 2021?
- How good is online education?
- Should school exams and tests become universal?
Research Paper Topics Based On Different Education Levels
We all know what it felt like to be a middle school student who needed just a bit of help and inspiration to start writing. Keeping this fact in mind, we came up with a helpful list of research paper topic examples based on various educational levels.
Middle School Paper Topics
- My role model.
- What does friendship mean to you?
- How can social media increase our safety?
- The social movements in my community.
- How can school students fight procrastination?
- The ways to combat bullying in school.
- Why living with a pet makes people better.
- The subject I would like to add to my school curriculum.
- My favorite personality in American history.
- Should children be allowed to vote and why?
5th-grade research paper topics
- Why do people have to sleep?
- Who has founded hip-hop music?
- How do smartphones connect?
- How do our pets recognize us?
- How did the ancient sailors navigate through their journeys?
6th-grade research paper topics
- Does the curse of the pharaohs really exist?
- How do dolphins communicate?
- How does our brain retrieve memories?
- How can we help grandparents become better with computers?
- The importance of Martin Luther King Jr. for me .
7th-grade research paper topics
- How can children address global warming and climate changes?
- The great inventors in history (Thomas Edison, for example, or N. Tesla).
- How can video games help us do better at school?
- What causes tornadoes and how can we stay safe?
- The cultural peculiarities of X country.
8th-grade research paper topics
- What is the code of samurai warriors?
- How has The Black Lives Matter movement changed lives in my local community.
- The use of the Internet among teenagers and the apparent dangers.
- How can we make school safety better?
- How has popular music changed during the last three years?
High School research topics
- What was the significance of the Magna Carta for England?
- The ways high school students can get ready for college.
- How tobacco use affects our lungs.
- How can sports or music make us better at socializing?
- The history and significance of the Olympic games.
- The ecological issues in my local community.
- What is necessary to create a successful video blog post?
- The best ways to study more efficiently when in high school.
- The tips and tricks to using Google in 2021.
- How can social media help students become more inventive?
9th-grade research paper topics
- How will genetic engineering change our future?
- The main beliefs in the Roman Empire.
- How can social movements control the perception of the world's issues?
- The causes of the Great Depression.
- My favorite personality in 19th-century literature.
- The First Moon Landing in the popular media.
- How has rap music brought up the majority of social problems?
- How can science help to prevent and identify crimes?
- Startup projects and the school students.
- The ways we can participate in international volunteering.
12th-grade research paper topics
- Would the elimination of the grading system in schools improve the learning outcomes?
- What are the main goals of feminists?
- The diversity in school.
- Should students who graduate create special clubs or unions?
- The censorship and the Internet.
Senior research paper topics
- Should recreational marijuana be banned?
- How have our lives changed since September 11th?
- Will AI tools appear helpful in education (prognosis paper)?
- The link of social media use to anxiety and depression.
- Do smartphones increase or decrease our productivity?
College research paper topics
- How can a college student cope with college debt?
- The weight gain problem among first-year college students.
- How can approaching mental help services keep anxious students safe?
- The use of additional online courses and academic success.
- The most efficient methods to improve one's memory.
- The effect of college challenges on future choices.
- The cons and pros of remote education.
- How can college bullying be reduced?
- The importance of sports and music while in college.
- The Waldorf education and modern college life.
Good Research Paper Topics
Without a doubt, we all need good research paper topics as we do not want to spend too much time and would rather wish to have something funny. Here are some ideas to keep your creativity high:
Funny Research Paper Topics
- What was the life of a Sparta warrior?
- Should plastic surgery businesses be banned?
- The pros and cons of playing video games at work.
- Can telling a lie be beneficial?
- Are we really what we eat?
- Can our childhood shape our destiny?
- How does the sixth sense work?
- How can you keep your brain always engaged?
- The most efficient ways to remember things.
- Do we form our taste in music by instinct or it is acquired?
Easy research paper topics
- Do men really have to protect women?
- The role of AI for social media.
- The false image of forensic science created by popular TV shows.
- Why do people watch horror movies?
- How can students make their opinion heard?
- Why did the Black Lives Matter movement become so popular?
- The pros and cons of the small living space.
- The link between profit and social responsibility.
- The reasons why people become biased.
- The pros and cons of being a celebrity.
Interesting research paper topics
- Is Atheism considered a religion?
- Is coffee harmful to our health?
- The mental aspect of being a Vegetarian.
- How can everyone become happy?
- The pros and cons of technology use in a child's life in 2021.
- What causes people to choose certain behavior types when stressed?
- The impact of video games on the human brain.
- How can music become a mental remedy for people facing PTSD?
- The global warming challenge vs myths.
- How should people address the Covid-19 problem?
Other great research paper topics
The ones who would like to turn to more challenging topics for research paper can consider the list below. It includes everything from controversial to creative subjects.
Controversial research paper topics
- The negative aspect of the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Should social media bloggers become involved in politics?
- Should vaccination be obligatory?
- How does censorship affect our freedom of speech?
- Climate change is the largest myth.
- The pros and cons of gender equality.
- The portrayal of heroes in action movies.
- Can scientists be objective?
- Is democracy the best approach?
- The gun control laws in 2021.
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
- There should be more than 12 jurors present in courts.
- The felons should be allowed to vote.
- Religious institutions should pay taxes.
- AI technology should be under strict control.
- Climate change is a reversible process.
- Cheerleading should be considered a sport.
- College athletes should receive more financial support.
- Palm oil production causes deforestation.
- Genetically modified foods are dangerous.
- The animals should be considered as individuals.
Environmental topics for research papers
- The problem of the wildfires and the temperature rise.
- How can noise pollution be addressed?
- The use of remote sensing to prevent damage.
- How can urban ecology be improved?
- The pros and cons of renewable energy.
- The negative effect of sunlight on human skin.
- How can the rivers be kept clean?
- The practices of Native Americans in relation to nature protection?
- Environmental protection as a science.
- The challenges of Bioremediation in 2021.
Global issue topics for research papers
- The impact of Covid-19 on planet Earth.
- The pros and cons of remote education.
- The negative influence of social media.
- The risks related to bitcoin mining practices.
- How can people challenge illegal gambling?
- The police violence and the safety issues.
- Should people still read the books in print?
- The role of grandparents in the lives of modern children?
- How should college students approach plagiarism?
- The ways to challenge air pollution.
Analytical research paper topics
- Why do people have various phobias?
- How can one get rid of alcohol addiction?
- What is the moral side of telling a lie?
- What causes our body to ask for more sugar?
- How do our memories often become false?
- Is love only a mixture of chemical reactions?
- What is the essence of being a true American?
- How do European people perceive Americans?
- Ways to improve communication between parents and children.
- Why do we have nightmares?
Religion paper topics
- How do people understand the will of God?
- Are all religions biased?
- Can religions become united?
- What are the ways to settle down various religious conflicts?
- Do religious people take a special niche in society?
- Should religious education be compulsory?
- Should alternative religious practices be banned?
- The religion on social media.
- The innocence of children in various religions.
- The pros and cons of religious literature.
- How can playing a musical instrument improve a person's mental state?
- How have music listening practices changed during the last two decades?
- The history of rock music.
- Is metal music always aggressive?
- The acoustic peculiarities of the banjo.
- Should music producers have due education?
- The role of rap music in modern social movements.
- How can AI compose music?
- The role of Physics in the creation of innovative synthesis methods.
- The music among the world's tribal people.
Entertainment and Sport
- Should sports bets be made illegal?
- The moral side of martial arts.
- Should women compete against men in most sports?
- Should college athletes have adjusted study curriculums?
- How can children become engaged in sports?
- The political bias in sports.
- Should the Olympic Games be a shared event?
- How can sports help to fight addiction?
- Video games are not a sport.
- The philosophy of chess.
- Technology makes us lazy.
- How the use of smartphones helps to save lives.
- The use of AI-powered technologies in education.
- Can a modern person survive without technology in 2022.
- The generational gap and technology.
- The negative impact of social media on physical communications.
- The history of the Internet.
- The ways to prevent online risks in 2022.
- How can technology prevent human trafficking?
- How can we provide equal technology all over the world?
Creative research paper topics
- The use of children's programming on TV channels.
- The media bias problem.
- How has Instagram changed our body image perceptions?
- What does being successful mean in 2022?
- How can we improve our social skills?
- The ways how joining a band can make you creative.
- How can watching history films improve our modern skills?
- The role of college students in the scientific research world.
- The reasons behind the Israel-Palestine conflict.
- How can people with special needs receive better education?
As a rule, your research topic must pose a strong argument or explore a certain idea. If some topic is too broad for your needs, think about ways how it could be narrowed down to meet your thesis. The trick is to make it unique and let it stand out from the rest!
Learn to Inspire
As you are making your topic choice from the list above, it doesn't matter if you are looking for some medical research topics or want to explore something else because the most important in either case is to find something that inspires you. By doing so, you can impress your school teacher or a college professor by showing genuine passion and knowledge regarding the subject. Feel free to learn with the help of our research topic ideas and remember that the more you brainstorm various ideas, the better!
Order your paper now!
- 100+ Best Science Topics for Research Papers
- Cultural Research Paper Topics
- Entrepreneurship Research Paper Topics
- 100+ Best Religion Research Paper Topics in 2023
- 110 Unique Tranding Fashion Research Paper Topics and Ideas
What are your chances of acceptance?
Calculate for all schools, your chance of acceptance.
Your chancing factors
100 Interesting Research Paper Topics for High Schoolers
What’s covered:, how to pick the right research topic, elements of a strong research paper.
- Interesting Research Paper Topics
Where to Get Your Research Paper Edited for Free
Composing a research paper can be a daunting task for first-time writers. In addition to making sure you’re using concise language and your thoughts are organized clearly, you need to find a topic that draws the reader in. CollegeVine is here to help you brainstorm creative topics. Below are 100 interesting research paper topics that will help you engage with your project and keep you motivated until you’ve typed the final period.
You can’t have a good research paper without a good research paper topic. “Good” is subjective and different students will find different topics interesting; however, what’s important is that you find a topic that makes you want to find out more and make a convincing argument. Maybe you’ll be so interested that you’ll want to take it further and submit your paper to a competition!
A research paper is similar to an academic essay but more lengthy and requires more research. This is bittersweet: although it is more work, you can create a more nuanced argument, and learn more about your topic area. Research papers are a demonstration of your research ability and your ability to formulate a convincing argument. How well you’re able to engage with the sources and make original contributions will determine the strength of your paper.
The introduction to a research paper serves two critical functions: it conveys the topic of the paper and illustrates how you will address it. A strong introduction will also pique the interest of the reader and make them excited to read more. Selecting a research paper topic that is meaningful, interesting, and fascinates you is an excellent first step toward creating an engaging paper that people will want to read.
A thesis statement is technically part of the introduction—generally the last sentence of it—but is so important that it merits a section of its own. The thesis statement is a declarative sentence that tells the reader what the paper is about. A strong thesis statement serves three purposes: present the topic of the paper, deliver a clear opinion on the topic, and summarize the points the paper will cover.
An example of a good thesis statement of diversity in the workforce is:
Diversity in the workplace is not just a moral imperative but also a strategic advantage for businesses, as it fosters innovation, enhances creativity, improves decision-making, and enables companies to better understand and connect with a diverse customer base.
The body is the largest section of a research paper. It’s here where you support your thesis, present your facts and research, and persuade the reader.
Each paragraph in the body of a research paper should have its own idea. The idea is presented, generally in the first sentence of the paragraph, by a topic sentence. The topic sentence acts similarly to the thesis statement, only on a smaller scale, and every sentence in the paragraph with it supports the idea it conveys.
An example of a topic sentence on how diversity in the workplace fosters innovation is:
Diversity in the workplace fosters innovation by bringing together individuals with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which stimulates creativity, encourages new ideas, and leads to the development of innovative solutions to complex problems.
The body of an engaging research paper flows smoothly from one idea to the next. Create an outline before writing and order your ideas so that each idea logically leads to another.
The conclusion of a research paper should summarize your thesis and reinforce your argument. It’s common to restate the thesis in the conclusion of a research paper.
For example, a conclusion for a paper about diversity in the workforce is:
In conclusion, diversity in the workplace is vital to success in the modern business world. By embracing diversity, companies can tap into the full potential of their workforce, promote creativity and innovation, and better connect with a diverse customer base, ultimately leading to greater success and a more prosperous future for all.
The reference page is normally found at the end of a research paper. It provides proof that you did research using credible sources, properly credits the originators of information, and prevents plagiarism.
There are a number of different formats of reference pages, including APA, MLA, and Chicago. Make sure to format your reference page in your teacher’s preferred style.
- Analyze the benefits of diversity in education.
- Are charter schools useful for the national education system?
- How has modern technology changed teaching?
- Discuss the pros and cons of standardized testing.
- What are the benefits of a gap year between high school and college?
- What funding allocations give the most benefit to students?
- Does homeschooling set students up for success?
- Should universities/high schools require students to be vaccinated?
- What effect does rising college tuition have on high schoolers?
- Do students perform better in same-sex schools?
- Discuss and analyze the impacts of a famous musician on pop music.
- How has pop music evolved over the past decade?
- How has the portrayal of women in music changed in the media over the past decade?
- How does a synthesizer work?
- How has music evolved to feature different instruments/voices?
- How has sound effect technology changed the music industry?
- Analyze the benefits of music education in high schools.
- Are rehabilitation centers more effective than prisons?
- Are congestion taxes useful?
- Does affirmative action help minorities?
- Can a capitalist system effectively reduce inequality?
- Is a three-branch government system effective?
- What causes polarization in today’s politics?
- Is the U.S. government racially unbiased?
- Choose a historical invention and discuss its impact on society today.
- Choose a famous historical leader who lost power—what led to their eventual downfall?
- How has your country evolved over the past century?
- What historical event has had the largest effect on the U.S.?
- Has the government’s response to national disasters improved or declined throughout history?
- Discuss the history of the American occupation of Iraq.
- Explain the history of the Israel-Palestine conflict.
- Is literature relevant in modern society?
- Discuss how fiction can be used for propaganda.
- How does literature teach and inform about society?
- Explain the influence of children’s literature on adulthood.
- How has literature addressed homosexuality?
- Does the media portray minorities realistically?
- Does the media reinforce stereotypes?
- Why have podcasts become so popular?
- Will streaming end traditional television?
- What is a patriot?
- What are the pros and cons of global citizenship?
- What are the causes and effects of bullying?
- Why has the divorce rate in the U.S. been declining in recent years?
- Is it more important to follow social norms or religion?
- What are the responsible limits on abortion, if any?
- How does an MRI machine work?
- Would the U.S. benefit from socialized healthcare?
- Elderly populations
- The education system
- State tax bases
- How do anti-vaxxers affect the health of the country?
- Analyze the costs and benefits of diet culture.
- Should companies allow employees to exercise on company time?
- What is an adequate amount of exercise for an adult per week/per month/per day?
- Discuss the effects of the obesity epidemic on American society.
- Are students smarter since the advent of the internet?
- What departures has the internet made from its original design?
- Has digital downloading helped the music industry?
- Discuss the benefits and costs of stricter internet censorship.
- Analyze the effects of the internet on the paper news industry.
- What would happen if the internet went out?
- How will artificial intelligence (AI) change our lives?
- What are the pros and cons of cryptocurrency?
- How has social media affected the way people relate with each other?
- Should social media have an age restriction?
- Discuss the importance of source software.
- What is more relevant in today’s world: mobile apps or websites?
- How will fully autonomous vehicles change our lives?
- How is text messaging affecting teen literacy?
- What are the benefits of daily exercise?
- How has social media affected people’s mental health?
- What things contribute to poor mental and physical health?
- Analyze how mental health is talked about in pop culture.
- Discuss the pros and cons of more counselors in high schools.
- How does stress affect the body?
- How do emotional support animals help people?
- What are black holes?
- Discuss the biggest successes and failures of the EPA.
- How has the Flint water crisis affected life in Michigan?
- Can science help save endangered species?
- Is the development of an anti-cancer vaccine possible?
- What are the effects of deforestation on climate change?
- Is climate change reversible?
- How did the COVID-19 pandemic affect global warming and climate change?
- Are carbon credits effective for offsetting emissions or just marketing?
- Is nuclear power a safe alternative to fossil fuels?
- Are hybrid vehicles helping to control pollution in the atmosphere?
- How is plastic waste harming the environment?
- Is entrepreneurism a trait people are born with or something they learn?
- How much more should CEOs make than their average employee?
- Can you start a business without money?
- Should the U.S. raise the minimum wage?
- Discuss how happy employees benefit businesses.
- How important is branding for a business?
- Discuss the ease, or difficulty, of landing a job today.
- What is the economic impact of sporting events?
- Are professional athletes overpaid?
- Should male and female athletes receive equal pay?
- What is a fair and equitable way for transgender athletes to compete in high school sports?
- What are the benefits of playing team sports?
- What is the most corrupt professional sport?
Paramount to the success of your research paper is the strength of your argument. Your research should bolster your thesis and you should have multiple reputable sources.
For an extra set of eyes, use CollegeVine’s free peer review essay tool to get feedback from another student! A strong research paper is only made stronger with a second pair of eyes.
Related CollegeVine Blog Posts
New User? Start here.
Write an Exemplary English Research Paper: An All in One Guide for You
Table of Contents
English literature is probably the universal favourite subject. If it is not a favourite language, it can be considered the most known and used language worldwide.
And do you know what the irony is? Studies say there are more than 7000 languages in the world. However, English is considered the most widely used language even though it is the native language of fewer than 15 countries in the world among 195 countries.
This is because English is the official language of various nations. Owing to this, many people of non-English native origin must learn and communicate in English academically and professionally. The result is they require more guidance to write, communicate or generate ideas in English.
If you are a non-native or native English speaker pursuing a major in English and have to submit a research paper in English, for that reason, you are looking for the best English research paper topics to work on. Then you are at the right place.
Keep reading to find out why! But before that, let us check out the structure of an English research paper.
Reading a book or watching a movie in English and majoring in English are two different worlds entirely, as are writing a journal and writing a research paper on English literature topics. Writing a research paper can be a daunting task, especially for non-native speakers of English.
However, with proper planning and organisation, anyone can write an effective research paper in English. You can refer to the English research paper examples and check out the structure used in those.
A. Title Page:
The research paper’s title page should include the paper’s title, the author’s name, the author’s institutional affiliation, and the date of submission.
The abstract is a brief summary of the paper, typically no more than 250 words. It should concisely overview the research question, methodology, results, and conclusions.
The introduction should provide a background to the research question, explaining why the topic is important and what previous research has been done in this area. It should also state the research question or hypothesis and explain the methodology used in the study.
D. Literature Review:
The literature review analyses previous research on the topic, highlighting key findings and identifying gaps in the existing research. This section should provide a critical literature analysis, identifying previous studies’ strengths and weaknesses.
The methodology section should describe the methods used in the study, including the research design, data collection procedures, and data analysis techniques. This section should be detailed enough that another researcher could replicate the study.
The results section should present the findings of the study clearly and concisely. Tables and figures can be used to present data in a more visual format.
The discussion section should interpret the study results, explaining what they mean in the context of previous research and the research question. This section should also identify any limitations of the study and suggest areas for future research.
The conclusion should summarise the study’s main findings and restate the research question or hypothesis. It should also briefly discuss the implications of the findings and suggest areas for future research.
The references section should list all sources cited in the paper, following a particular citation style (APA, MLA, etc.). All references should be accurate and complete.
In conclusion, writing a research paper in English requires careful planning and organisation. Following the above structure, you can create a well-written and well-structured research paper that effectively communicates your findings to your audience.
The Secret to Higher Grades is Good English Research Paper Topics – Here’s Why!
Topics for research papers in English are the most crucial part of your research paper. It is that first that can make or break the gsame. Hence, choosing the right topic for your English research paper is critical to your academic success. It is the foundation on which your entire research paper will be built, and it will ultimately determine the quality of your work.
Here are some reasons why choosing the right English literature research paper topics is so important:
a) Interest and Motivation
Choosing a topic that you are genuinely interested in will make your research process much more enjoyable and rewarding. When you are passionate about a topic, you are more likely to stay engaged throughout the research and writing process. This interest and motivation will reflect in the quality of your research paper, making it more likely to be well received.
b) Originality and Creativity
An original and creative topic can set your research paper apart from others. Choosing a unique perspective on a topic, or exploring an aspect of a topic that has not been extensively researched, can make your research paper stand out. It will also demonstrate your ability to think critically and independently, an essential academic skill.
c) Relevance and Significance
Choosing a relevant and significant topic for your field of study is essential to ensure your research paper has value. Your research should be able to address a knowledge gap, contribute to ongoing debates or provide new insights into a topic. It should also be relevant to current events or societal issues that may be of interest to others in your field.
d) Feasibility and Manageability
Choosing a feasible and manageable topic within the given timeframe and resources is crucial. You should consider the availability of primary and secondary sources, the complexity of the topic, and the time required to analyse and interpret the data. It’s important to be realistic about what you can accomplish within the given constraints of your research project.
e) Career Advancement
Choosing a well-researched and well-written research paper can be an asset to your career advancement. A successful research paper can be used as a writing sample when applying for jobs or graduate school. It can also demonstrate your research and writing skills, which are highly valued in many fields.
Take the time to carefully consider your options and choose a topic you are passionate about that meets the criteria for a successful research paper.
How to Choose the Best English Research Topic?
Writing an English research paper is tough, but choosing the best English research topic can be an even more challenging task. That said it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. In fact, it can be an exciting opportunity to explore a subject that interests you and make a valuable contribution to the English language and literature field. Here are some tips to help you choose the best English research topic:
a) Follow your passion
Start by identifying your interests and passions. What aspects of the English language or literature do you find most intriguing? Do you enjoy reading novels or analysing language patterns? What kind of topics do you enjoy discussing with your peers or professors? Choosing a topic that resonates with your interests will motivate you to dive deep into the research and produce high-quality work.
b) Narrow your focus
Once you have a general idea of what you want to research, narrowing down your focus is important. A broad topic like “Shakespeare’s influence on English literature” may be too broad for a research project. Consider breaking it down into more specific subtopics such as “The use of language in Hamlet” or “The portrayal of women in Othello.” This will help you develop a clear and focused research question you can answer in your project.
c) Conduct preliminary research
Before finalising your research topic, conducting some preliminary research to see what has already been studied in the field is essential. This will help you to avoid choosing a topic that has already been extensively researched or one that has little existing literature. Use academic databases, search engines, and other research tools to find articles, books, and other sources related to your potential topic.
d) Consider the feasibility of your topic
It’s important to choose a topic that is feasible to research within the given timeframe and resources. Consider the availability of primary and secondary sources, the complexity of the topic, and the time required to analyse and interpret the data. Be realistic about what you can accomplish within the given constraints of your research project.
e) Seek feedback from others
Finally, seek feedback from your peers, professors, or mentors. They can provide valuable insights into your research topic, offer suggestions for improvement, and help you refine your research question. By receiving feedback from others, you can ensure that your research topic is relevant, meaningful, and impactful.
Keep these pointers in mind to choose a research topic that is engaging, relevant, and feasible and make a valuable contribution to the field of English language and literature.
Top Picks of English Research Paper Topics for You
Here you will find English 101 research paper topics to work on. Let us check them out.
1. Outstanding English Research Topics
- The Impact of Social Media on Mental Health
- The Effects of Climate Change on Agriculture
- Gender Stereotypes in the Workplace
- The Rise of Artificial Intelligence and Its Ethical Implications
- The Role of Education in Reducing Poverty
- The Relationship between Parental Involvement and Student Achievement
- The Effectiveness of Online Learning vs. Traditional Classroom Learning
- The Influence of Music on Mood and Memory
- The Psychological Effects of Colour on Marketing
- The Impact of Globalisation on Cultural Identity
2. Amazing English Research Topics
- The Intersection of Race, Gender, and Class in Contemporary Society
- The Future of Space Exploration and Colonization
- The Ethics of Gene Editing and Genetic Enhancement
- The Impact of Social Media on Political Discourse and Democracy
- The Psychology of Motivation and Goal-Setting
- The Relationship between Language and Thought
- The Evolution of Human Rights and International Law
- The Economics of Sustainable Development and Green Energy
- The Role of Arts and Culture in Building Strong Communities
- The History and Significance of Cryptography in Modern Society.
3. Excellent English Literature Topics
- The Concept of the American Dream in Literature
- The Significance of Symbolism in Poetry
- The Representation of Women in Literature
- The Use of Foreshadowing in Gothic Literature
- The Portrayal of Mental Illness in Contemporary Fiction
- The Influence of Shakespeare on Modern Literature
- The Theme of Identity in Postcolonial Literature
- The Role of Religion in Literature
- The Evolution of Science Fiction as a Literary Genre
- The Impact of War on Literature and Culture.
4. Best English Research Paper Topics
- The Effects of Social Media on Body Image and Self-Esteem in Adolescents
- Exploring the Relationship between Sleep Deprivation and Academic Performance
- Analysing the Impact of Crypto currency on Financial Markets
- The Psychological and Social Effects of Virtual Reality Technology
- Investigating the Efficacy of Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Anxiety and Depression
- The Ethics of Genetic Engineering and Gene Editing
- Examining the Role of Social Capital in Community Development
- The Representation of Race and Ethnicity in Popular Media
- The Future of Autonomous Vehicles and Their Impact on Society
- The Effects of Climate Change on Human Health and Well-Being
- The Psychological Effects of Online Dating and Social Networking
- Investigating the Role of Artificial Intelligence in Education
- Analysing the Effects of Income Inequality on Social Mobility
- The Significance of Storytelling in Human Culture and Communication.
4. English Research Paper Topics on Historical Events
- The Causes and Consequences of World War I
- The Impact of the Industrial Revolution on Society and Culture
- The Civil Rights Movement in the United States
- The Causes and Effects of the French Revolution
- The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire
- The Reconstruction Era in American History
- The Holocaust and its Legacy in Modern Society
- The American Revolution and the Birth of a Nation
- The Cold War and its Impact on International Relations
- The Causes and Consequences of the Great Depression
- The Age of Exploration and Its Impact on World History
- The Renaissance: Art, Literature, and Scientific Advancement
- The Russian Revolution and the Rise of Communism.
- The Role of Women in Historical Events and Movements
- The French Resistance during World War II
- The Cultural Revolution in China
- The Scramble for Africa and Its Consequences
- The Cuban Missile Crisis and the Threat of Nuclear War.
5. English Research Topics on Films
- The Evolution of the Film Industry: Past, Present, and Future
- The Analysis of Film Techniques and Their Effect on Audience Perception
- The Representation of Gender and Race in Contemporary Cinema
- The Influence of Film Noir on Modern Cinema
- The Portrayal of Mental Health in Film and Television
- The Significance of Music in Film: Soundtracks, Scores, and Songs
- The Cultural Impact of Superhero Movies on Society
- The Role of Horror Films in Contemporary Culture
- The Representation of Historical Events and Figures in Film
- The Effects of the Pandemic on the Film Industry
- The Portrayal of Science and Technology in Science Fiction Films
- The Use of Animation and Special Effects in Modern Cinema
6. English Research Topics for College Students
- Exploring the Link between Music and Emotion: An Interdisciplinary Study
- The Future of Renewable Energy: Advancements and Challenges
- Investigating the Effects of Meditation on Mental Health and Well-being
- The Significance of Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Examining the Role of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
- The History and Evolution of the Fashion Industry
- The Ethics of Animal Testing: Balancing Scientific Advancement and Animal Welfare
- The Psychology of Decision Making: Theories and Applications
- The Role of Education in Promoting Social Justice and Equity
- Analysing the Effects of Social Support on Mental and Physical Health
- The Impact of Globalisation on Cultural Identity and Diversity
- Investigating the Efficacy of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Anxiety and Depression
There are thousands of other English topics to write about all over the internet, but the above-mentioned are the best ones handpicked for you to score impressively with your research paper. All the best!
English Research Paper Examples
Below are some sample parts of English Research Paper –
Most Popular Questions Searched By Students
Q1. how do i choose a research topic in english.
Ans. To choose a research topic in English:
- Start by identifying your interests and passions.
- Narrow down your focus by breaking your topic into specific subtopics.
- Conduct preliminary research to see what has already been studied in the field,
- Consider the feasibility of your topic, and
- Seek feedback from peers and mentors.
Q2. What is the best way to narrow down a research topic in English?
Ans. To narrow down a research topic in English:
- Start by brainstorming a list of potential subtopics related to your broader area of interest.
- Evaluate the feasibility and significance of each subtopic, and determine which ones have the most potential for further exploration.
- Conduct preliminary research on each subtopic to assess the availability of sources and existing scholarship.
- Select the most promising subtopic for your research.
Q3. How do I structure an English research paper?
Ans. An English research paper should have a clear structure, including an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion.
- The introduction should provide background information and a clear thesis statement.
- The literature review should summarise previous research on the topic.
- The methodology should describe the methods used to conduct the research.
- The results should present the findings, and the discussion should analyse and interpret the results.
- The conclusion should summarise the key findings and implications of the research.
Q4. How do I write a strong thesis statement for my English research paper?
Ans. To write a strong thesis statement for an English research paper:
- Start by identifying the main topic or question you want to address.
- Craft a concise statement that presents your argument or perspective on the topic.
- Make sure your thesis statement is clear, specific, and debatable.
It should also provide a roadmap for your paper and set the tone for your research.
Q5. Do I analyse data in an English research paper?
Ans. Whether or not you need to analyse data in an English research paper depends on your specific research question and methodology. If your research involves collecting and analyzing data, you must include a results section that presents and analyses your findings. However, if your research is more focused on literature analysis or other qualitative methods, you may not need to include a data analysis section.
Q6. How do I evaluate sources for my English research paper?
Ans. When evaluating sources for an English research paper, consider the following:
- Relevance: Determine if the source is directly relevant to your research question and thesis statement.
- Authority: Determine the credibility of the author and their expertise in the field. Check their credentials and look for signs of bias or conflicts of interest.
- Currency: Determine how recent the source is and if it provides up-to-date information.
- Accuracy: Determine if the information in the source is reliable, accurate, and supported by evidence.
- Objectivity: Determine if the source presents a balanced perspective or if it is biased towards a particular viewpoint.
- Audience: Determine the source’s intended audience and consider if it is appropriate for your research.
- Accessibility: Determine if the source is accessible to you, both physically and legally.
Q7. How do I properly cite sources in my English research paper?
Ans. To properly cite sources in an English research paper, use a citation style such as MLA, APA, or Chicago. Include in-text citations whenever you use a direct quote, paraphrase, or summarise information from a source. Also, include a works cited or references page at the end of your paper that lists all sources cited in your paper. Be sure to follow the specific guidelines of your chosen citation style.
Q8. How do I write a literature review for my English research paper?
Ans. To write a literature review for an English research paper:
- Start by identifying relevant sources related to your research topic.
- Read and evaluate each source, noting important themes, arguments, and research findings.
- Organise your literature review into sections that correspond to these themes, and use them to construct an overview of the current state of research in your field.
- Cite all sources properly.
Q9. How do I write a strong conclusion for my English research paper?
Ans. To write a strong conclusion for an English research paper:
- Summarise the key findings and implications of your research.
- Restate your thesis statement and review the main points of your paper.
- Reflect on the significance of your research and suggest areas for future study.
- Avoid introducing new information in your conclusion, and make sure your final statements leave a lasting impression on your reader.
Q10. How can I effectively revise and edit my English research paper?
Ans. To effectively revise and edit your English research paper,
- Start by taking a break after completing a draft to gain a fresh perspective.
- Read your paper out loud and look for areas that need clarification, organisation, or improvement.
- Check for grammar and spelling errors and ensure your formatting and citation style are correct.
- Consider seeking feedback from peers or a writing centre, and make necessary revisions before submitting your final draft.
Hi, I am Mark, a Literature writer by profession. Fueled by a lifelong passion for Literature, story, and creative expression, I went on to get a PhD in creative writing. Over all these years, my passion has helped me manage a publication of my write ups in prominent websites and e-magazines. I have also been working part-time as a writing expert for myassignmenthelp.com for 5+ years now. It’s fun to guide students on academic write ups and bag those top grades like a pro. Apart from my professional life, I am a big-time foodie and travel enthusiast in my personal life. So, when I am not working, I am probably travelling places to try regional delicacies and sharing my experiences with people through my blog.
Writing Get your essay and assignment written from scratch by PhD expert
Rewriting: Paraphrase or rewrite your friend's essay with similar meaning at reduced cost
Editing: Proofread your work by experts and improve grade at Lowest cost
Enter phone no. to receive critical updates and urgent messages !
Please upload all relevant files for quick & complete assistance.
- Featured Post
- Popular Post
Get original papers written according to your instructions and save time for what matters most.
Choose Your Test
Sat / act prep online guides and tips, 113 great research paper topics.
One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper can be just finding a good topic to write about. Fortunately we've done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of 113 interesting research paper topics. They've been organized into ten categories and cover a wide range of subjects so you can easily find the best topic for you.
In addition to the list of good research topics, we've included advice on what makes a good research paper topic and how you can use your topic to start writing a great paper.
What Makes a Good Research Paper Topic?
Not all research paper topics are created equal, and you want to make sure you choose a great topic before you start writing. Below are the three most important factors to consider to make sure you choose the best research paper topics.
#1: It's Something You're Interested In
A paper is always easier to write if you're interested in the topic, and you'll be more motivated to do in-depth research and write a paper that really covers the entire subject. Even if a certain research paper topic is getting a lot of buzz right now or other people seem interested in writing about it, don't feel tempted to make it your topic unless you genuinely have some sort of interest in it as well.
#2: There's Enough Information to Write a Paper
Even if you come up with the absolute best research paper topic and you're so excited to write about it, you won't be able to produce a good paper if there isn't enough research about the topic. This can happen for very specific or specialized topics, as well as topics that are too new to have enough research done on them at the moment. Easy research paper topics will always be topics with enough information to write a full-length paper.
Trying to write a research paper on a topic that doesn't have much research on it is incredibly hard, so before you decide on a topic, do a bit of preliminary searching and make sure you'll have all the information you need to write your paper.
#3: It Fits Your Teacher's Guidelines
Don't get so carried away looking at lists of research paper topics that you forget any requirements or restrictions your teacher may have put on research topic ideas. If you're writing a research paper on a health-related topic, deciding to write about the impact of rap on the music scene probably won't be allowed, but there may be some sort of leeway. For example, if you're really interested in current events but your teacher wants you to write a research paper on a history topic, you may be able to choose a topic that fits both categories, like exploring the relationship between the US and North Korea. No matter what, always get your research paper topic approved by your teacher first before you begin writing.
113 Good Research Paper Topics
Below are 113 good research topics to help you get you started on your paper. We've organized them into ten categories to make it easier to find the type of research paper topics you're looking for.
- Discuss the main differences in art from the Italian Renaissance and the Northern Renaissance .
- Analyze the impact a famous artist had on the world.
- How is sexism portrayed in different types of media (music, film, video games, etc.)? Has the amount/type of sexism changed over the years?
- How has the music of slaves brought over from Africa shaped modern American music?
- How has rap music evolved in the past decade?
- How has the portrayal of minorities in the media changed?
- What have been the impacts of China's one child policy?
- How have the goals of feminists changed over the decades?
- How has the Trump presidency changed international relations?
- Analyze the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- What factors contributed to the current decline in the rate of unemployment?
- What have been the impacts of states which have increased their minimum wage?
- How do US immigration laws compare to immigration laws of other countries?
- How have the US's immigration laws changed in the past few years/decades?
- How has the Black Lives Matter movement affected discussions and view about racism in the US?
- What impact has the Affordable Care Act had on healthcare in the US?
- What factors contributed to the UK deciding to leave the EU (Brexit)?
- What factors contributed to China becoming an economic power?
- Discuss the history of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies (some of which tokenize the S&P 500 Index on the blockchain) .
- Do students in schools that eliminate grades do better in college and their careers?
- Do students from wealthier backgrounds score higher on standardized tests?
- Do students who receive free meals at school get higher grades compared to when they weren't receiving a free meal?
- Do students who attend charter schools score higher on standardized tests than students in public schools?
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- How does giving each student access to an iPad or laptop affect their studies?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Montessori Method ?
- Do children who attend preschool do better in school later on?
- What was the impact of the No Child Left Behind act?
- How does the US education system compare to education systems in other countries?
- What impact does mandatory physical education classes have on students' health?
- Which methods are most effective at reducing bullying in schools?
- Do homeschoolers who attend college do as well as students who attended traditional schools?
- Does offering tenure increase or decrease quality of teaching?
- How does college debt affect future life choices of students?
- Should graduate students be able to form unions?
- What are different ways to lower gun-related deaths in the US?
- How and why have divorce rates changed over time?
- Is affirmative action still necessary in education and/or the workplace?
- Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?
- How has stem cell research impacted the medical field?
- How can human trafficking be reduced in the United States/world?
- Should people be able to donate organs in exchange for money?
- Which types of juvenile punishment have proven most effective at preventing future crimes?
- Has the increase in US airport security made passengers safer?
- Analyze the immigration policies of certain countries and how they are similar and different from one another.
- Several states have legalized recreational marijuana. What positive and negative impacts have they experienced as a result?
- Do tariffs increase the number of domestic jobs?
- Which prison reforms have proven most effective?
- Should governments be able to censor certain information on the internet?
- Which methods/programs have been most effective at reducing teen pregnancy?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Keto diet?
- How effective are different exercise regimes for losing weight and maintaining weight loss?
- How do the healthcare plans of various countries differ from each other?
- What are the most effective ways to treat depression ?
- What are the pros and cons of genetically modified foods?
- Which methods are most effective for improving memory?
- What can be done to lower healthcare costs in the US?
- What factors contributed to the current opioid crisis?
- Analyze the history and impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic .
- Are low-carbohydrate or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- How much exercise should the average adult be getting each week?
- Which methods are most effective to get parents to vaccinate their children?
- What are the pros and cons of clean needle programs?
- How does stress affect the body?
- Discuss the history of the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
- What were the causes and effects of the Salem Witch Trials?
- Who was responsible for the Iran-Contra situation?
- How has New Orleans and the government's response to natural disasters changed since Hurricane Katrina?
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- What were the impacts of British rule in India ?
- Was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki necessary?
- What were the successes and failures of the women's suffrage movement in the United States?
- What were the causes of the Civil War?
- How did Abraham Lincoln's assassination impact the country and reconstruction after the Civil War?
- Which factors contributed to the colonies winning the American Revolution?
- What caused Hitler's rise to power?
- Discuss how a specific invention impacted history.
- What led to Cleopatra's fall as ruler of Egypt?
- How has Japan changed and evolved over the centuries?
- What were the causes of the Rwandan genocide ?
- Why did Martin Luther decide to split with the Catholic Church?
- Analyze the history and impact of a well-known cult (Jonestown, Manson family, etc.)
- How did the sexual abuse scandal impact how people view the Catholic Church?
- How has the Catholic church's power changed over the past decades/centuries?
- What are the causes behind the rise in atheism/ agnosticism in the United States?
- What were the influences in Siddhartha's life resulted in him becoming the Buddha?
- How has media portrayal of Islam/Muslims changed since September 11th?
- How has the earth's climate changed in the past few decades?
- How has the use and elimination of DDT affected bird populations in the US?
- Analyze how the number and severity of natural disasters have increased in the past few decades.
- Analyze deforestation rates in a certain area or globally over a period of time.
- How have past oil spills changed regulations and cleanup methods?
- How has the Flint water crisis changed water regulation safety?
- What are the pros and cons of fracking?
- What impact has the Paris Climate Agreement had so far?
- What have NASA's biggest successes and failures been?
- How can we improve access to clean water around the world?
- Does ecotourism actually have a positive impact on the environment?
- Should the US rely on nuclear energy more?
- What can be done to save amphibian species currently at risk of extinction?
- What impact has climate change had on coral reefs?
- How are black holes created?
- Are teens who spend more time on social media more likely to suffer anxiety and/or depression?
- How will the loss of net neutrality affect internet users?
- Analyze the history and progress of self-driving vehicles.
- How has the use of drones changed surveillance and warfare methods?
- Has social media made people more or less connected?
- What progress has currently been made with artificial intelligence ?
- Do smartphones increase or decrease workplace productivity?
- What are the most effective ways to use technology in the classroom?
- How is Google search affecting our intelligence?
- When is the best age for a child to begin owning a smartphone?
- Has frequent texting reduced teen literacy rates?
How to Write a Great Research Paper
Even great research paper topics won't give you a great research paper if you don't hone your topic before and during the writing process. Follow these three tips to turn good research paper topics into great papers.
#1: Figure Out Your Thesis Early
Before you start writing a single word of your paper, you first need to know what your thesis will be. Your thesis is a statement that explains what you intend to prove/show in your paper. Every sentence in your research paper will relate back to your thesis, so you don't want to start writing without it!
As some examples, if you're writing a research paper on if students learn better in same-sex classrooms, your thesis might be "Research has shown that elementary-age students in same-sex classrooms score higher on standardized tests and report feeling more comfortable in the classroom."
If you're writing a paper on the causes of the Civil War, your thesis might be "While the dispute between the North and South over slavery is the most well-known cause of the Civil War, other key causes include differences in the economies of the North and South, states' rights, and territorial expansion."
#2: Back Every Statement Up With Research
Remember, this is a research paper you're writing, so you'll need to use lots of research to make your points. Every statement you give must be backed up with research, properly cited the way your teacher requested. You're allowed to include opinions of your own, but they must also be supported by the research you give.
#3: Do Your Research Before You Begin Writing
You don't want to start writing your research paper and then learn that there isn't enough research to back up the points you're making, or, even worse, that the research contradicts the points you're trying to make!
Get most of your research on your good research topics done before you begin writing. Then use the research you've collected to create a rough outline of what your paper will cover and the key points you're going to make. This will help keep your paper clear and organized, and it'll ensure you have enough research to produce a strong paper.
Are you also learning about dynamic equilibrium in your science class? We break this sometimes tricky concept down so it's easy to understand in our complete guide to dynamic equilibrium .
Thinking about becoming a nurse practitioner? Nurse practitioners have one of the fastest growing careers in the country, and we have all the information you need to know about what to expect from nurse practitioner school .
Want to know the fastest and easiest ways to convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius? We've got you covered! Check out our guide to the best ways to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit (or vice versa).
Need more help with this topic? Check out Tutorbase!
Our vetted tutor database includes a range of experienced educators who can help you polish an essay for English or explain how derivatives work for Calculus. You can use dozens of filters and search criteria to find the perfect person for your needs.
These recommendations are based solely on our knowledge and experience. If you purchase an item through one of our links, PrepScholar may receive a commission.
Christine graduated from Michigan State University with degrees in Environmental Biology and Geography and received her Master's from Duke University. In high school she scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT and was named a National Merit Finalist. She has taught English and biology in several countries.
Student and Parent Forum
Our new student and parent forum, at ExpertHub.PrepScholar.com , allow you to interact with your peers and the PrepScholar staff. See how other students and parents are navigating high school, college, and the college admissions process. Ask questions; get answers.
Ask a Question Below
Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply!
Improve With Our Famous Guides
- For All Students
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 160+ SAT Points
How to Get a Perfect 1600, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section:
Score 800 on SAT Math
Score 800 on SAT Reading
Score 800 on SAT Writing
Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section:
Score 600 on SAT Math
Score 600 on SAT Reading
Score 600 on SAT Writing
Free Complete Official SAT Practice Tests
What SAT Target Score Should You Be Aiming For?
15 Strategies to Improve Your SAT Essay
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 4+ ACT Points
How to Get a Perfect 36 ACT, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section:
36 on ACT English
36 on ACT Math
36 on ACT Reading
36 on ACT Science
Series: How to Get to 24 on Each ACT Section:
24 on ACT English
24 on ACT Math
24 on ACT Reading
24 on ACT Science
What ACT target score should you be aiming for?
ACT Vocabulary You Must Know
ACT Writing: 15 Tips to Raise Your Essay Score
How to Get Into Harvard and the Ivy League
How to Get a Perfect 4.0 GPA
How to Write an Amazing College Essay
What Exactly Are Colleges Looking For?
Is the ACT easier than the SAT? A Comprehensive Guide
Should you retake your SAT or ACT?
When should you take the SAT or ACT?
Get the latest articles and test prep tips!
Looking for Graduate School Test Prep?
Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here:
GRE Online Prep Blog
GMAT Online Prep Blog
TOEFL Online Prep Blog
Holly R. "I am absolutely overjoyed and cannot thank you enough for helping me!”
200 Best Ideas for Research Paper Topics in 2023
The discussion you have started should be provoking and intriguing. If your statement is unique and interesting, you will definitely get a high grade and respect from your professors.
Writing a research paper may seem challenging, even though it is a substantial part of everyday student life. You are required to write at least one research paper in a semester for the majority of your subjects.
Do not underestimate research projects. They will demand a lot of time and effort from you. At the same time, do not let your research paper give you anxiety or hurt your overall studies.
To minimize worries and stress while working on the research paper, you must be confident in your topic. There are times when you are assigned the topic, but more frequently, you will have to create one yourself.
The discussion you start should be thought-provoking and intriguing. If your content is unique and interesting, you will definitely get a high grade and respect from your professors.
How to Select the Best Research Paper Topic?
When choosing your research paper topic, you need to make sure it is neither boring nor overdone. An interesting and innovative topic will intrigue your readers and motivate them to read the entire piece. But if you don’t know how to create a topic on your own, use the help of our editors.
Here are some things to consider when selecting an appropriate topic:
The Field Of Your Interest
It’s no secret that you will not be able to write a good insightful research paper if you are not interested in the subject overall, or in the topic in general. On the other hand, if the topic is linked to the field of your interest, you can consider yourself lucky.
Passion and interest in a topic will make it easier to explore the theme and write about it. If you enjoy science, you should be able to talk non-stop about it. The same goes for writing about it.
A Topic Should Be Clear
You need to be sure to understand everything clearly when you choose an essay topic . Do not hesitate to ask questions if there are some unclear points. The more you understand, the simpler it is for you to write a successful research paper. You need to show the readers that you’re a master of the topic and not a confused newbie who does not know what you’re talking about.
Be Precise And Specific
You need to completely understand that you are not writing a descriptive essay. A research paper is an accurate and thorough work, which is based on facts. You cannot waterdown your text. Your statement should be supported with examples or references to other reputable research and academic work.
How innovative can you be when discussing The French Revolution or Pearl Harbor? However, an innovative approach can give you the edge among other students. A topic should address the matter from a different and surprising perspective. With a deep investigation, you may even find the little known facts that can blow your readers’ minds. This approach will intrigue your readers and will make you research paper stand out..
Visit Edusson Samples to brainstorm possible research paper topics and find relevant paper examples. It is 1000+ papers database. Besides samples, you can find excellent writing tools such as Plagiarism Checker, Title Page Maker and many more.
Ideas for Research Paper Topics
Without a good topic, writing a research paper can be a student’s worst nightmare. So, how do you come up with one? There are dozens of ways to brainstorm, such as discussing with classmates, reading topic prompts, sample papers, magazines, journals, blogs, or books.
Research Paper Topic by Category
Here are some examples of topics you may choose:
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
You have to present facts to demonstrate a clear understanding of the topic. Your introduction and concluding paragraph must be equally strong. Take a look at the following argumentative research topics examples:
- Are athletes good role models?
- Is the minimum wage too high?
- Homelessness: Who is to blame?
- Do we need shorter working weeks?
- What is the ideal age of consuming alcohol?
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
As a speaker or writer, it is your responsibility to persuade the reader about an issue. Persuasive writing, therefore, should move people and shake their emotions. If, for example, you want to convince people coffee is good for their bodies, then you must do it artistically, and convincingly.
Take a look at these examples of persuasive research topics:
- Using animals to conduct research experiments is wrong.
- Parents should monitor the websites their children visit.
- Domestic gender violence is on the rise.
- Children’s exposure to media: Do parental controls work?
- There are many cybercrimes today, and they are going to increase.
- America should adopt a policy of non-involvement in global conflicts.
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
There are people who like to court controversy whenever they say or do something, more so in public. A good example here is an activist. Whether it is advocacy for gay rights or same-sex marriage, writing on issues like these can be painstakingly difficult. So, you need a strong topic right from the beginning. Controversial topics for a research paper like the following will most certainly get you moving in the right direction:
- Gay partners and child adoption.
- Surrogate mothers and societal worldview.
- Violence in media content.
- STEM subjects should be mandatory.
- Sex education in middle school.
- Should homework be abolished?
Are you having a hard time looking for a comprehensive research paper topic? Try to find the best one by using our topic generation tool.
Best Research Paper Topics 2023
Maybe you have picked a research topic from the above categories for your paper. However, a good college student knows you need a plan B. So here are some other great topics.
- Is college education in line with the job market?
- Should colleges be faith-based institutions?
- Should universities have special accommodation facilities for the disabled?
- How has the institution of marriage changed in the postmodern world?
- Is there a difference between a man’s and a woman’s heart?
- What are the possible health benefits of childbearing and parenting?
- Exploring unfair child labor in the workplace.
- The significance of ethics to business and how to control bad behavior.
- How is cross-border BPO affecting the gross domestic product in your country?
- Which companies will make it to the top 5 best in the next decade?
- Terrorism and how it affects businesses.
- Are universities becoming business-driven?
- Causes of data rape and how to prevent it.
- Should licensed gun holders be allowed to carry their weapons to school?
- Ex-convicts and job searching. Is it difficult finding employment?
- Should colleges pay student-athletes and how should they do it?
- What should be the basis of workplace promotion: seniority, degree, or performance evaluation?
- The significance of search engine optimization on businesses today.
- Should women be allowed into extreme sports?
- Is feminism changing American society?
Research Paper Topics By Level of Education
Notably, topic difficulty or complexity varies with the level of education. A graduate student will write a high school essay with great ease, while the reverse will result in a lot of difficulties on the part of the student.
In this post, we also help you choose topics based on your academic level while keeping in mind that research paper writing lends credence to student performance.
The research paper topics can often be overwhelming, and to make the process easier and more reliable, many students look for APA format paper writing services . The services are beneficial and provide access to professional knowledge in writing a research paper and ensure that all guidelines are followed.
High School Research Paper Topics
If you are a student in high school, here is a list of topics that you may consider:
- Should the government legalize the use of smartphones in high school classrooms?
- Leadership training in high school.
- Are secondary schools doing enough in harnessing the debating skills of students?
- Explore Plato’s philosophy of mathematics.
College Research Paper Topics
Next, here are some college research paper topics to choose from. They include the following:
- Explore the design and construction of thermal plants around the globe.
- Analyze how the free software movement is positively transforming the world.
- Analyze cognitive development in children.
- How does the government assess the health care needs of communities?
- Pre-election and the effects on voter conduct.
- Discuss how to plan for college tuition.
- How does menstruation affect young girls?
- Substance abuse among college students and its effects on their performance and behavior.
- What brings about societal stereotypes?
- Factual evidence that AIDS originated from monkeys.
Research Paper Topics By Subject
Another way of choosing the best research paper topic is based on the subject, whether you are a college or high school student. Whether it is in biology, physics, science, literature, history, or psychology, this approach works at all levels of education. Research papers are quite challenging for the average student to write, so it’s no wonder why many students may want to look into options for high school essays for money . A great topic for your research paper should be something engaging that captures the reader’s attention and encourages them to continue reading.
Research Paper Topics on Technology
- Cybersecurity: Can we really be safe?
- How can technology help in preventing terrorist attacks?
- How close did we get to Artificial Intelligence?
- What technological innovations promise to change the third decade of the 21st century?
- How do regular people influence technological progress?
- What technologies does NASA use to explore Mars?
- How did Bill Gates and Steve Jobs change the world?
- How did cloud technologies change data storing?
- Can virtual reality substitute for an actual reality?
- What is the future of the internet?
Research Paper Topics on Environment
- How did climate change in the last 30 years?
- Why some believe that global warming is a hoax?
- What are the best ways to reduce global warming?
- How does global warming alter wildlife?
- Ocean pollution: Unseen tragedies.
- Effective ways of reducing air pollution.
- How can alternative types of energy help to preserve the Earth’s natural resources?
- Endangered species – How can we preserve them?
- Recycling. What did you do to make the world a better place?
- Drinking water for all – How can we achieve it?
Research Paper Topics on Legal Issues
- How do torrenting sites influence creativity and copyright?
- Should marijuana be legalized at the national level?
- How did the legalization of same-sex marriage influence the USA?
- Are punishments for sex crimes fair?
- Should there be a law preventing cyber-bullying?
- Where is the line between artistic photos and pornography?
- How does a new adoption law in Russia refuse orphans their chance for happiness?
- Various laws on abortion around the world.
- How do prostitution laws differ around the world?
Topics on Business
- How can one turn a business idea into a successful startup?
- How can creative marketing increase your sales?
- Does taxation aim to kill small businesses?
- Effective time-management for big and small teams.
- Is multitasking a productive method of work?
- Sexual harassment in the working environment.
- How benefits can make your employees happy.
- How do big corporations regularly break the law and get away with it?
- What are the various minimum wages around the world? Should The Universal Declaration of Human Rights control them?
- What were the most successful businesses in the first two decades of the 21st century?
Topics on World Politics
- How did Angela Merkel change Europe?
- Impeachment against Donald Trump: Will it happen?
- The consequences of Brexit for European values.
- Is Vladimir Putin sponsoring global terrorism?
- How can world politicians unite against the threat that Russia poses?
- Can North and South Korea unite again?
- How can we eliminate dictatorial regimes in the 21st century?
- Conflicts in Africa.
- Do refugees pose any threat to the hosting country?
- How can the world unite to fight racism?
Topics on Religion
- Is Christianity at its dusk?
- Can any religion justify crimes against humanity?
- The most popular new age religions.
- Sexual abuse in the church.
- Should religious beliefs influence health matters?
- How do various religions oppress women?
- The political context of the global religions throughout time.
- How does agnosticism balance between atheism and various religions?
- Are we witnessing a new religion forming?
- Myths of creation through global religions.
Topics on Health
- The effects of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana on a human body.
- Vaccination in the 21st century.
- The most controversial issues of birth control.
- Alzheimer’s: ways of prevention.
- Euthanasia – An assisted suicide?
- How can research help cure AIDS?
- Are there effective ways to prevent cancer?
- How do fats positively affect the human body and the mind?
- Anorexia and obesity – Two sides to one story.
- The importance of mental health.
Topics on Social Issues
- How does social media influence interpersonal communication?
- How can team sports affect social abilities?
- LGBT tolerance around the world.
- Global citizenship: Pros and cons.
- How to deal with social anxiety.
- How can one defend privacy issues on Facebook and other social media?
- How to stop bullying in schools.
- Discrimination of black women in modern-day America.
- Ethnicities that created the USA.
- Gender stereotypes in the workplace.
Topics on Education
- How to achieve literacy for all.
- Is it worth accumulating a huge debt to achieve higher education in the USA?
- How can the government make a teacher’s profession become more appealing?
- How can we modernize education to make it more appealing?
- How do dress codes in schools discriminate against women?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling?
- Is the present educational system capable of creating geniuses?
- The importance of multilingual education.
- Guns in school. How to achieve a safe environment.
- Do grades do justice to students’ knowledge?
Topics on Popular Culture
- The best music projects of 2020.
- How do reality shows influence teenagers?
- Do celebrities form a specific cast in today’s world?
- How much do people depend on heroes? Marvel and DC Cinematic Universes.
- How do American and Japanese popular cultures intertwine with each other?
- Sexism and ageism in modern Hollywood.
- Do shows like American Idol, the Voice, and X-factor really aim to find and develop talents?
- The female role in the world according to Beyonce’s Lemonade.
- How did YouTube change popular culture?
- The meaning of the Harry Potter Book Series in promoting reading.
Still lost? Download a Comprehensive Research Paper Guide completely FREE. It consists of 7 simple steps that can lead you to a perfect paper. We based it on analysis of 1000+ student’s papers, ordered by Edusson customers Get it now
Easy Research Paper Topics
- Are birth control pills good or bad?
- Are married women with children happier than single women who did not give birth to a child?
- Are there health benefits to having children?
- Breast cancer rates are increasing among women in the US. What factors contribute to these rates?
- Do women with higher testosterone levels have an athletic advantage compared to women whose testosterone levels are not high?
- Has the feminist movement been a help to women or not?
- Has the modern-day feminist movement lost its track?
- How are cultural expectations of women different in Muslim vs. Western nations?
- How common is domestic abuse, or child abuse?
- How do the female hormones protect women from heart disease?
- How does the education of women change society?
- How has feminism changed America? The world?
- How has marriage changed?
- How is heart health different for men and women?
- How has society’s expectations for women to get married and have kids haven’t changed for centuries, even today?
- How to help girls from unprivileged towns and neighborhoods get educated?
- Should women participate in extreme sports?
- What are the most important health risks for women to be aware of?
- What is a maid? Is there an acceptable or unacceptable definition for this job?
- What is female genital mutilation and how is it connected with AIDS in Africa?
- What is the effect of birth control and pregnancy on the mental health of a woman?
- What is the history of marriage?
- Why do a vast majority of women refuse to report their husbands for domestic abuse? What can be done to help them?
- Why do people marry?
- Women in politics: why do a small percentage of them succeed?
- Are athletes overpaid? Do footballers deserve multi-million contracts? How their salaries influence their performance?
- Can anyone compete in a marathon? Should everyone try it at least once? Necessary measures to take in order to compete in this kind of race
- Choose a sport and the best athlete that has ever played it. Justify why is that person the greatest of all times
- Has Title 9 hurt men’s athletics? Should there be changes?
- Have Olympic Games improved or worsened through history?
- How money influences the football world today
- How much does the crowd at sports events influence the game? Does the roar of the fans or their chants really cause the team to win or lose?
- How successful has Title 9 been in changing access to sports for women?
- Is there a sport that should be added to the Olympic Games?
- Research the history of a sport of your choice. How has the game changed throughout history?
- Should college athletes get paid? If so, how should that be done?
- Should male and female athletes be paid equally?
- Should players form unions to protect their rights?
- The impact of the Olympic Games on the economy of the hosting nation?
- What do people learn from playing competitive sports?
- What does the public think about female athletes?
- Why do all children need to play competitive sports in school? How would regular sports activity benefit their health and school performance?
- Why do so many young people get injured while playing sports? Is it accidental and unavoidable or is there a way to prevent injuries? Choose between talking about sports in general or discussing some specific sport of your choice.
- African-American men are more likely to spend time in prison in the United States than any other group. What is the underlying cause of this negative trend? What can be done to stop it?
- After every terrorist attack, it turns out police received reports about the potential danger. Why do they always ignore these calls?
- Are prison sentences for rapes effective? Do convicted rapists recommit their crimes later?
- Criminal activities are widely prevalent in news shows, reality TV, television shows, and movies. Does the constant exposure to crime on TV promote these activities and give people ideas?
- The death sentence has a long history, but did it help decrease crime rates across the US?
- Do convicted criminals abandon their ways and turn into law-abiding citizens?
- Do organizations like Prison Fellowship, which attempt to reform prisoners through faith, produce long-term results in changed lives?
- Do some people have a genetic predisposition to commit a crime? If so, should government approve genetic testing on criminals?
- Does non-dangerous “hazing” add to the rituals and community of an organization? Describe pros and cons of having new members participate in initiation traditions.
- How can prisoners help rehabilitate prisoners?
- How difficult is it to ex-convicts to find a job?
- How does Trump’s victory at the presidential election affect the judicial system in the United States today?
- How should the background of the criminal (psychosis, intelligence, family environment, genetic predispositions) affect the decision in a criminal case?
- Is Mandatory Minimum sentencing a good idea? Does it aid crime prevention?
- Many prisoners re-commit crimes because they find it difficult to cope with “real world” after spending years in prison. What can be done to help them adapt to the new reality after leaving prison?
- The number of DUI arrests increases constantly. What can be done about this problem?
- On-campus violence: causes and solutions
- Online bullying is a common occurrence nowadays. Should cyber-bullies face criminal prosecution?
- Out of fear of potential mistake, prisoners on a death row in many states are still waiting for their executions. Does the possibility of wrong death outweigh the need for justice? Is there justice for family members of victims?
- Police brutality: causes and potential solutions
- Rates of teens engaging in criminal activities keep increasing. How did media contribute to this negative trend?
- Should all states have equal laws? Would it prevent some criminals from committing their unlawful deeds?
- Should DUI laws be the same across all states?
- Should girls and women who falsely accuse someone of raping them face criminal prosecution?
- Should people convicted of a DUI be able to attend classes to prevent having their driver’s license revoked?
- Should schools allow people with licenses to carry concealed weapons?
- Should some crimes require a mandatory death sentence?
- Should terrorist suspects be tried in American courts?
- Some states have already legalized marijuana. How did cannabis use affect crime rates in these states? Did they go up or down?
- Teen gangs and socioeconomic status of households: are they related?
- The Innocence Project has released more than 300 convicted criminals based primarily on DNA evidence. Many states give no compensation to those released. Should the compensation be mandatory?
- The use of art, music, or theater therapy is a common method of rehabilitating prisoners. How effective are these approaches?
- What are the causes of acquaintance rape? How can it be prevented?
- What does the general public think about death penalty?
- What is the underlying cause (or more of them) behind re-committing crimes?
- Why do some people become serial killers? Are there any signs in their behavior to look for?
- Why is police brutal when arresting black suspects?
- Are older children more successful?
- Child labor is a sad reality in third-world countries. Do we contribute to child labor by purchasing products from companies who employ children in their factories?
- Do small businesses have a chance to succeed in the competitive market today?
- How do blogs help revolutionize businesses?
- How did the NAFTA agreement affect business in the United States?
- How does birth order affect people in a work environment?
- How has terrorism affected businesses?
- How important is branding for a business?
- Importance of ethics in business: what are the consequences of unethical behavior?
- Past, present, and future of search engine optimization (SEO)?
- Should companies promote employees based on seniority, college degrees or evaluations of performance?
- Should employees be allowed more flexible leave time for caring for children and elderly parents?
- What is the best way to grow jobs and reduce the unemployment rate?
Psst. There’s also a more relaxed way ?
- Poetry Analysis: Unboxing Topics and Outlines in a breeze
- Extensive List of 200+ Dissertation Topics for Strong Research
- Pop Culture Essay Topics: Find Out the Pulse of Modern Society
- Business Research Paper Topics: Management, Commerce, Entrepreneurship, etc
Improve your writing with our guides
Psychology Essay Topic: Theories Explaining Human growth and Development
Reflection Paper Topics: Art
Reaction Paper Writing: Travel Essay Topics
Get 15% off your first order with edusson.
Connect with a professional writer within minutes by placing your first order. No matter the subject, difficulty, academic level or document type, our writers have the skills to complete it.
100% privacy. No spam ever.
- Research Paper Guides
- Research Paper Topics
Literature Research Paper Topics: 250 Top Ideas
- Speech Topics
- Basics of Essay Writing
- Essay Topics
- Other Essays
- Main Academic Essays
- Basics of Research Paper Writing
- Chicago/ Turabian
- Data & Statistics
- Admission Writing Tips
- Admission Advice
- Other Guides
- Student Life
- Studying Tips
- Understanding Plagiarism
- Academic Writing Tips
- Basics of Dissertation & Thesis Writing
- Essay Guides
- Formatting Guides
- Basics of Research Process
- Admission Guides
- Dissertation & Thesis Guides
Table of contents
Use our free Readability checker
Are you looking for an engaging literary research paper topic? Whether you're writing a college-level essay or a master's thesis, the right literature research paper topics can make all the difference. They range from exploring particular genres or authors to examining the use of language in literary works. By researching these topics, you will gain a greater understanding of the ideas, improve your critical thinking skills, and learn to appreciate the nuances. This article will explore such literature topics for research and open up endless possibilities for analysis and interpretation, ranging from classic to modern-day texts. Are you ready to choose a trending topic and write a paper that will win your professor’s heart?
What Are Literary Research Paper Topics?
Literary research paper topics focus on a particular literary work, such as a book, poem, novel, play, or story. They provide a great starting point for researching the specific aspect you're planning to explore for a better perception of the idea and help to eliminate any artificial facet. Literary research topics may analyze a single text, compare different writings by the same author, or contrast different authors' styles. Common literature topics for research papers comprise symbolism, characterization, themes, plot structure, historical context, point-of-view analysis, biographical contexts, and intertextual connections. These research paper topics may also focus on how an author has been interpreted or evaluated over time, analyzing the critical reception of their works and examining any changes within literary canonization. Additionally, these topics can explore how literary works intersect with other disciplines, such as philosophy, psychology, sociology, politics, or economics.
Characteristics of Good Literature Research Paper Topics
Literary research paper topics are usually considered good when they are:
- Relevant They should be engaging, thought-provoking, and appropriate to the academic work.
- Specific Similarly, good literature research topics must have a narrow focus and not be overly broad.
- Interesting They should pique your interest and encourage you to explore and aspire to know more about the literary work.
- Challenging Deep analysis, thoughtful reflection, and creative thinking are also vital.
- Unique They should be memorable and offer new insights into academic work.
With these important characteristics of literary topics for research papers in mind, you're ready to start writing!
How to Choose a Literature Research Paper Topic?
Choosing a literature research paper topic can be daunting, but with careful thought and planning, you're sure to find the perfect one. In order to do this, you need to complete the following:
- Brainstorm: First, start by brainstorming topics that interest you. Think about the works you've been studying, authors and genres you enjoy reading, and themes that have resonated with you.
- Narrow it down: Once you've identified a few research topics that intrigue you, narrow them down to one that is most relevant and specific.
- Research: Explore if it is relevant. This will guarantee that you have enough material to work with.
- Refine: Once you have researched, refine your topic to ensure it is specific and engaging. Consider the most interesting aspects and how they can be explored further.
- Choose: Finally, choose the title that best reflects your interests and passions for an enjoyable research experience!
With these tips, you can find the perfect literary research paper topic! Don’t have time for reading piles of books? Get professional help with research paper writing from StudyCrumb and have your study completed by a real pro.
List of Literature Research Paper Topics
A list of literature topics for research offers a wide range of literary-related issues that can be explored and studied for your project. It includes ideas that could spark your creativity and help you choose the best title. Whether you're interested in exploring the works of Shakespeare or examining modern literature, this list of literary research paper topics has something for everyone!
- Use of symbolism in romantic poetry.
- Importance of technology within cyberpunk genres.
- Impact of fantasy on contemporary culture.
- Representation of male or female authors as represented by classic literary works.
- Postmodernist views of time and space in literature.
- Representation of race and ethnicity within contemporary fiction.
- Representation of LGBTQ characters in literary works.
- The role of mythology during the era of ancient works.
- Social media impact on modern texts.
- Classic and contemporary literary criticism.
Interesting Literary Research Paper Topics
If you are interested in classic books or modern trends, these ideas can be a fascinating starting point for your project. They include theories, criticism, comparison, and specific authors or genres. Besides providing an analysis of the work, a literary research paper topic could also comprise examining different themes. Explore the following interesting literature topics for your project:
- Literary influences of Jane Austen's works.
- Symbolism as represented by gothic texts.
- Relevance of classic mythology within contemporary fiction.
- The role of magic or fantasy in children's literature.
- The role of women in Victorian literature.
- Representation of race and ethnicity in early 20th-century literature.
- Themes of love and loss in romantic poetry.
- The use of horror genres in contemporary fiction.
- Postcolonialism's impact on literary works.
- Nature in 19th-century literature .
- Representation of LGBTQ characters as represented by contemporary fiction.
- Technology's impact on modern literary works.
- Classic and contemporary interpretations of gothic texts.
- The role of magic and fantasy in modern literary works.
- Representation of death and loss in 20th-century works.
Great Literature Research Paper Topics
A list of great literature research topics provides a variety of ideas related to literary works. These research topics in literature can offer an exciting starting point for your English paper:
- Rebellion themes in Shakespeare's tragedies.
- Class and economic status in Victorian texts.
- Symbolism in romantic poetry.
- Impact of British imperialism on literary fiction worldwide.
- Gender and sexuality representation in early 20th-century writings.
- Postcolonialism in 19th-century fiction.
- The literary influence of WWII on modern writings.
- Vampires' role in gothic literary texts.
- Use of fantasy in childhood writings.
- Technology's impact on contemporary literary works.
- Race and ethnicity as represented by postmodern fiction.
- Religion in romantic poetry.
- Themes of love and loss in 20th-century texts.
- Horror genres in literary fiction.
- Postmodernism's impact on contemporary literary works.
Unique Literature Research Paper Topics
Unique literature topics for research papers can help students explore new concepts and gain a deeper understanding of their subject. Below are rare literature paper topics for you to review:
- The role of jealousy in 17th-century literary works.
- Gender identity as represented by reformist fiction.
- Mythological figures as portrayed by Greek and Roman poetry.
- The relationship between gender and power in Shakespeare's plays.
- Themes of isolation in 20th-century British poetry.
- Metaphors in the works of Gabriel García Márquez .
- Themes of rebellion and revolution in African American literary texts.
- The role of women in medieval romance literature.
- Poverty representation in Victorian novels.
- Themes of oppression and freedom in colonial Latin American texts.
- Use of metaphor and allegory in Dante's divine comedy.
- Influence of industrialization on 19th-century fiction.
- Dystopian settings within modern literature.
- Religion in contemporary fiction.
Spotted any ideas for your literature research paper? Now it’s time to compose your study. Leave us ‘ do my research paper ’ notice and get a professional writer to work on your project.
Controversial Literary Research Paper Topics
Controversial literary research topics can provide students with an opportunity to explore complex and sometimes contentious issues related to literary texts. Find below a controversial literary research paper topic for your dream English project!
- Racial stereotypes during 19th-century English literature.
- Themes of sexuality and desire in ancient Greek poetry.
- The relationship between political power and language in Shakespeare's plays.
- Conflict representation during 20th-century English fiction.
- English role in colonial Indian literature.
- Gender and racial representations within African American autobiographies.
- Themes of justice and control in Victorian English novels.
- Themes of oppression and resistance in feminist texts.
- The role of English in modern Japanese fiction.
- Themes of identity and belonging in postcolonial Indian literature.
- Censorship, free speech, and social responsibility in 19th-century English novels.
- Politics and power representations in Latin American poetry.
- Gender, race, and class representations in English renaissance drama.
- English as a tool for political ideology within the works of George Orwell.
- Language used to defy authority during modern fiction writing.
Fresh Literature Research Paper Ideas
Coming up with fresh ideas for literature research topics can be daunting. Students may want to look at the works they have studied or venture outside the traditional reading list and explore different authors and genres. Some literature research paper ideas comprise studying how certain authors influenced the literary movement, analyzing how language has been used throughout history, or examining gender, race, and class representations from a literary text. Here is a perfect list of fresh ideas!
- Aesthetics as presented by postmodern fiction.
- The theme of loss as portrayed by African authors .
- Use of language throughout history.
- Identity and belonging representation in contemporary young adult fiction.
- The intersection between art and literature in modern poetry.
- Themes of authority, rebellion, and revolution in medieval epic poetry.
- Role of fantasy in horror fiction.
- Gender, race, and class representations within British romanticism.
- American literary realism and naturalism.
- Influence of symbolism on French modernist poetry.
- Construction of memory within African American autobiographies.
- Representation of narrative time in Latin American fiction.
- Social injustice theme during early 20th-century American drama.
- The relationship between social identity and language during postcolonial fiction.
- Values and beliefs representations as presented by ancient Greek mythology.
Literature Research Paper Topics for Students
For students looking for research topics in literature for study, there is a wide variety of options available. Depending on the level and course, they might focus on analyzing particular authors, literary movements, or genres, exploring the use of language throughout history, or examining representations of gender, race, and class in books. You also need to study literary devices and their effects on readers when exploring literary topics for a research paper . Below are examples of literature topics for different students:
Literature Research Paper Topics for High School
These are literature topics to research, specifically tailored to high school students. They involve exploring the influence of literary work on culture, analyzing a single author's literary movement or genre, or investigating language use throughout history. This list of research topics in literature for high school provides an original starting point for your literary project!
- Racism as presented during early 20th-century works.
- Social criticism within contemporary dystopian young adult fiction.
- Folklore's impact on contemporary poetry.
- Representation of nature in modern literature.
- Spirituality as portrayed by reformist literature.
- Social class representation within postmodern novels.
- The theme of environment in romantic works.
- Colonialism representation during postcolonial works.
- Effects of pop culture on modern fiction.
- Mental illness representation during 19th-century poetry.
- The role of music and art in early 20th-century literary texts.
- Literature's influence on identity building in minority cultures.
- Family dynamics in postmodern poetry.
- Family and community representations during gothic fiction.
- Literature as a tool for social change.
Literature Research Paper Topics for College Students
These titles entail more serious and in-depth scrutiny than a high school literary paper. A college-level literary research paper topic provides students with a broader range of analysis. It encompasses looking at literature as a form of political commentary to get its relationship with other art forms. Below are literature research paper topics for college students:
- Identity construction during postmodern poetry.
- Alienation themes within modern fiction.
- Gender role representations in Shakespearean tragedies.
- The relationship between narrative and memory within Holocaust literature.
- Nature's role in contemporary American fiction.
- Authority and subversion themes during the early 20th-century drama.
- Race, class, and gender representation within African American autobiographies.
- Social media influence the literary language.
- The relationship between social identity and language in postcolonial fiction.
- Values as presented by ancient Greek mythology .
- Psychological distress during 20th-century war narratives.
- Attitudes towards mental illness as portrayed by gothic texts.
- The relationship between science and literary imagination.
- Social hierarchy within Victorian novels.
- Religion's role in southern American literature.
Literary Research Paper Topics by Categories
Research paper topics for literature by category offer an exclusive and stimulating perspective on literary analysis worldwide. They can be grouped into literary movements, authors, and genres, as well as topics related to language and history. If you are interested in European, American, and English literature topics, these ideas will help you find the perfect literary research paper topic for your project.
World Literature Research Paper Topics
Research paper topics for world literature allow students to explore literary works from any part of the world, including texts written in English, Spanish, and other languages. Below is a list that provides original world literature research topics for any project:
- Impact of colonialism on native literary traditions.
- Gender representation within French literature.
- Religion's role within literary works from Latin America.
- Symbolism in English poetry from the 19th century.
- Themes of nationalism within modern Russian fiction.
- Power and politics in Spanish plays.
- Conflict as portrayed by African literature.
- The role of folklore within Chinese fiction.
- Themes of cultural identity in Japanese drama.
- Family ties in Italian poetry.
- Symbolism in Arabic literature.
- Social class representation in Indian novels.
- Impact of globalization on middle eastern fiction.
- Human rights themes by contemporary Australian poets.
- Western representations of other cultures in modern literature.
American Literature Research Paper Topics
In research paper topics for American literature, you examine the works of early American writers and poets, as well as those from later periods. Here is a list of American literature topics for your paper!
- Attitudes towards race in early American novels.
- Colonialism during 19th-century poetry.
- Freedom and rebellion themes within revolutionary literature.
- The emergence of gothic horror in American fiction.
- Impact of transcendentalism on American writing.
- Gender representation during pre-civil war literature .
- Themes of morality in post-World War II American fiction.
- Role of religion during 19th-century American novels.
- Slavery and its abolition by American poets.
- Social class representation during early American drama.
- Themes of identity in postmodern American fiction.
- Industrialization of 20th-century literature.
- War and conflict representation by contemporary American playwrights.
- Racism in 20th-century American novels.
- Assimilation and immigration themes in post-World War II American literature.
British Literature Research Paper Topics
In British literature research topics, you explore works from early British writers to contemporary authors. Ideally, research topics for British literature should encompass works written by authors from all eras, including Medieval, Renaissance, and modern. Here is a list of English literature research paper topics for your perfect essay!
- Gender representation during medieval English literature.
- Colonialism's effects on British literary works during the 18th century.
- Influence of British writers on modern literature.
- The role of nature in 18th-century British novels.
- Interpretations of classic British literary works.
- Social class representations during 19th-century British fiction.
- Themes of love and romance within Victorian literature.
- Industrialization's impact on 20th-century British novels.
- Patriotism and nationalism during post-World War II literary work.
- Multiculturalism representations in postmodern British fiction.
- Effects of censorship on British authors during the 20th century.
- Mental health representation in modern British poetry.
- Representation of historical events in British works throughout time.
- Technological representations in 21st-century British Novels.
- Intersectionality by contemporary British playwrights.
Did you know that you can generate a bunch of title ideas using our Research Paper Topic Generator ?
European Literary Research Paper Topics
European literature research paper topics offer an excellent opportunity to explore the works of European authors. They allow you to study and analyze the academic traditions and cultures of some of Europe's most influential writers. You can find such literary research paper topic ideas in the list below:
- Representations of the European monarchy in classic novels.
- Censorship effects on European authors during the 20th century.
- Impact of World War II on European authors.
- Gender representations within Victorian poetry.
- Literary works from different countries and cultures in Europe.
- Use of language, symbolism, and imagery to explore themes in European texts.
- Themes of nature and environment within German short stories.
- Technology representations in late Victorian poetry.
- Popular culture's influence on European literary movements from the 20th century to modern times.
- Impact of European literary works on people's perceptions of other cultures.
- Use of supernatural elements within European gothic writings from the 18th to 19th centuries.
- Identity representations in French social realism texts.
- Technology's impact on contemporary European literary works.
- Family and community representations during post-war theater.
- Themes of justice and injustice within European dystopian texts.
Literature Research Paper Ideas by Periods
You may aspire to find literature topics for research papers from different historical periods. This involves studying literature from various cultures or eras, such as ancient, medieval, or modern ones. These ideas also cover the examination of themes and symbols used in writings and scrutinizing characters and their development through various works. Other topics include the exploration of texts from a political perspective in relation to their historical contexts. These ideas contain some literary research topics from various periods:
Ancient Literary Research Paper Topics
There are many exciting options to consider if you're looking for ancient literature research paper topics. They can be studied with regard to history, culture, art, and philosophy. To gain more insight, you could explore the works of Homer, Henry James, Virgil, and the Mahabharata, or old Egyptian writings, such as The Iliad and Odyssey . Below is a list of ancient literature topics for research you can choose from.
- Gender representations in epic poetry.
- Role of mythology and religion in ancient texts.
- Influence of philosophy on ancient literature.
- Power representations in Greek tragedy.
- Heroism by early epic authors.
- Love and marriage in ancient texts.
- Ancient narratives of war and conflict.
- Slavery representations in Roman poetry.
- The role of music and art in classical literature.
- Nature representations in ancient texts.
- Politics' influence on Greek comedy.
- Family and community representations in roman narratives.
- Characters' representation in epic poetry.
- The role of technology in early literary works.
- Representations of the divine in ancient texts.
Read more: History Research Topics for Students
Medieval Literature Research Paper Topics
The medieval literary study provides a unique opportunity to explore literature research topics of the Middle Ages. From Beowulf to The Canterbury Tales , these works offer insights into this era's cultural beliefs and values. Here are such literary topics for research papers to focus on:
- Representations of medieval chivalry in literary works.
- Religion's influence on medieval works.
- Gender representation in medieval texts.
- The role of magic in medieval narratives.
- The impact of feudalism on medieval texts.
- Honor and loyalty representations by chivalric texts.
- The role of courtly love in medieval works.
- Knights and warriors' representations in literary works.
- Warfare representations in medieval texts.
- The role of education and learning in medieval literature.
Renaissance Literary Research Paper Topics
The Renaissance literature research paper ideas explore works of literature during the Renaissance era, which spanned from the 14th to the 17th century. They focus on the themes, authors, and literature of this period to provide a better understanding of how literary works have evolved within this timeframe and their impact on our current literature. Some of the most influential figures who contributed immensely to writings during this era were William Shakespeare and Miguel de Cervantes. If you are interested in researching this period, you can consider a literature research paper topic from the list below:
- Love and romance representations in Renaissance texts.
- Science and technology in 16th-century literature.
- Class and social status representations in Renaissance literary works.
- Classical mythology in Renaissance poetry.
- Representations of family and community in Renaissance narratives.
- Effects of humanism on Renaissance literature in Europe.
- Imagery role by William Shakespeare .
- Representations of art, music, and theater in Renaissance texts.
- Politics' role in 16th-century literary texts.
- Nature representation by John Milton or Torquato Tasso.
- Exploration influence on Renaissance narratives.
- Influence of Renaissance literature on modern writing.
- Women's representation in literary texts by Anne Bradstreet or Aphra Behn.
- Magic and supernatural representations in literary works of Renaissance.
- Humanism and individualism themes within Renaissance literature.
Romantic Literature Research Paper Ideas
Romantic literature emerged during the late 18th century and flourished throughout the early 19th century in Europe. It is characterized by its focus on emotion and depictions of nature. This movement had a lasting impact on literary works and has been highly influential. Research topics in literature can explore the writings of authors such as Lord Byron, Percy Bysshe Shelley, and William Wordsworth. Here are some ideas related to romanticism:
- Nature representations in Romantic texts.
- The role of emotion as depicted in 19th-century literature.
- Influence of Romantic authors on modern literature and culture.
- Women's representation in Romantic narratives.
- Industrialization impact on 19th-century texts.
- Influence of religion and superstition in early Romantic texts.
- Use of technology to discuss themes in Romantic texts from the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
- The role of education as portrayed by Romantic narratives.
- Character analysis and plot structure in gothic fiction.
- Nationalism and patriotism as represented by post-Napoleonic war poems.
Modernist Literary Research Paper Topics
Modern literature emerged during the early 20th century until the end of World War II. It is characterized by a rejection of traditional conventions and focused on experimentation with form. This movement had an unprecedented impact on literature research topics and is highly influential today. If you are looking for literary topics for research papers that focus on modernism, consider exploring the following:
- Nature representations by modern texts.
- Social inequality in 21st-century novels.
- Modernism's influence on current literature and culture.
- Climate change within contemporary fiction.
- Impact of social injustice on 20th-century literary works.
- Urbanization representations by modern literary texts.
- Education's influence on modernist narratives.
- Wealth and power in early modernist texts.
- Themes of urban life by Ezra Pound or Wallace Stevens.
- Modernism's impact on classical literature.
- Globalization themes within postmodern poetry.
- Multiculturalism themes in contemporary literary works.
- Mental health representations in modern British novels.
- Global conflict representation in modern fiction.
- The influence of psychoanalysis on modernist literature.
Current Literature Research Paper Ideas
Current literature paper topics can look at the latest trends. They include exploring contemporary works such as Harry Potter by J.K Rowling and Stardust by Neil Gaiman. These topics may also involve analyzing social media's effects on literary writings. If you are looking for current literary topics for a research paper, consider the following:
- Technological impact on literary works in the 21st century.
- Art, music, and theater in modern texts.
- Impact of conflict on recent literary works.
- Social injustice in 21st-century narratives.
- Racism, ethnicity, and slavery in contemporary texts.
- Wealth and power in recent literary works.
- Globalization themes in postmodern poetry.
- Urbanization in modern writings.
- Immigration within postmodern British novels.
In case you need more paper topics, feel free to browse our blog. We have a wide arsenal of ideas starting from philosophy research paper topics to education research paper topics .
Bottom Line on Literature Research Paper Topics
Literature topics for research can explore a wide range of themes and works. Whether you are looking for visionary ideas about poetry, fiction, or books from different eras, there is no shortage of literature paper topics to choose from. To narrow down your focus and find the best idea for your project, consider researching literary movements, reading widely, and thinking about the areas that interest you most. Literature topics for research papers should be chosen based on students' interests and areas of expertise. By conducting in-depth research, you will gain a greater appreciation for literary work and its impact on society. With this article as a guide, you can take the time to find a topic that speaks to you and create an engaging research paper.
We would like to remind you that our professional writers are available 24/7 and will be glad to help you. StudyCrumb provides the best research paper writing service quickly and efficiently. Fill out the form on our website, and don't worry about anything else.
Joe Eckel is an expert on Dissertations writing. He makes sure that each student gets precious insights on composing A-grade academic writing.
You may also like
58 Good Research Paper Topics for High School Students
June 27, 2023
We’ve all been there: you’re sitting in English or Social Studies, and suddenly your teacher announces those dreaded words: “I’d like you all to pick a topic for your upcoming research paper.” Your stomach lurches as your mind races to think of good research paper topics. Should you write about octopuses or the New York Yankees? Should you write about the history of Barbie and her uber-pink Dreamhouse , or perhaps the evolution of Taylor Swift ’s music career?
We get it: these are hard choices! That’s why we here at College Transitions have compiled the ultimate list to assist you in selecting an excellent research topic.
But First…the All-Important Question: What Makes a Great Topic?
We’re glad you asked! When selecting a topic for your academic research paper, you want to select a compelling topic that immediately grabs the reader’s attention. Just like when choosing a persuasive speech topic or argumentative essay topic , you want to be sure to select a topic that intrigues you personally. This is pivotal for multiple reasons. If you find your topic intriguing, you’ll likely spend more time delving into the subject and gathering information to strengthen your arguments. Additionally, if a topic sparks your curiosity, odds are that your enthusiasm will pique someone else’s interest, too!
The Key to a Good Research Paper: Research
Regardless of the topic you choose, ensure it’s researchable . This means that the subject has sufficient resources for research. Even the most intriguing topic won’t make for a good paper if there’s not much research material out there. Remember: your typical research paper is longer and more in-depth than a regular academic essay. While this means you have more time to explore the topic at hand, it also means that the research paper will rely on more information and analysis of the existing material out there. Before finalizing your topic, make sure to do a preliminary search to guarantee there’s plenty of information out there to help you construct a comprehensive argument, filled with multiple perspectives and facets.
Lastly, and most importantly, follow the guidelines your teacher has laid out. If you focus your paper on pop culture, it certainly won’t meet a historical research paper’s requirement! Before embarking on this thrilling intellectual journey, double-check what type of research paper your teacher wants you to write. To prevent future headaches, clarify any rules or conditions upfront.
Now that we’ve covered these key bullet points of what makes a great research paper topic, let’s delve into some examples of topics:
English Literature Research Topics
1) Discuss the profound cultural impact and enduring relevance of Shakespeare’s plays.
2) What roles does feminism play in canonical literary works such as Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre ?
3) Investigate the use of symbolism and its impacts on the narrative and theme in a chosen novel, such as J.D. Salinger’s The Catcher in the Rye or Mark Twain’s Huckleberry Finn.
4) Analyze the use of dystopian elements and their social commentary embedded in the works of George Orwell.
Good Research Paper Topics (Continued)
5) Analyze the themes , symbolic representations, and societal critiques of the American Dream as depicted in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby .
6) Provide a comprehensive explication of a renowned Shakespearean sonnet or soliloquy, such as this one from Hamlet .
7) Choose a poem such as Robert Frost’s “ The Road Not Taken ” and critically analyze its layered meanings and imagery, as well as their impact on the reader.
Technology Research Topics
- For a more comprehensive list of technology-related research topics, we’ve compiled an entire list for you here !
8) Compare and contrast the various techniques of solar geoengineering. How have these practices progressed over time? In what direction might they continue to evolve?
9) Art has become readily producible and consumable in the era of technology and artificial intelligence. How does this surge in accessibility impact the worth of artwork? Additionally, should we value physical artworks more than those made by programs like OpenAI’s DALL-E?
10) Does the advancement of cellular agriculture potentially threaten the ideas of a “ circular bioeconomy ?” Should we strive to pursue a circular bioeconomy?
11) Some people say that video games are detrimental to mental health or encourage violence. Study and present findings on whether specific categories or genres of video games provide more cognitive enhancement than others.
12) Since the COVID-19 pandemic, virtual appointments and doctor’s visits have increased exponentially. Does the surge in screen time that comes with digital therapeutics negatively affect mental health?
13) Consider mob mentality across social media platforms such as TikTok, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and Instagram. In what instances and in what contexts is such mentality most prevalent?
Environmental Research Topics
- For a more comprehensive list of environmental-related research topics, we’ve compiled the 50 best ones here !
14) Undertake a comprehensive study of the impacts of climate change on ocean currents and the changes in migration patterns of marine species.
15) Analyze the benefits and drawbacks of urban greenspaces . Discuss potential implementation strategies to ensure equitable access to these spaces, particularly for socio-economically disadvantaged communities.
16) Look at the ethical implications surrounding human intervention in conservation efforts for endangered species.
17) Analyze the environmental impacts of the hospitality and travel industries in terms of pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
18) How do agricultural land use practices impact biodiversity and the health of ecosystems? Look at the relationship between farming, habitat degradation, and species survival.
19) Conduct an in-depth analysis of the potential economic repercussions of climate change. Focus on the impacts of climate changes on global agricultural productivity and food security, as well as their associated dynamics in the global economy.
20) Conduct an in-depth exploration of the relationship between supply and demand dynamics and their influence on the market.
21) Analyze the impact of globalization on local economies. Examine both the direct and indirect effects of globalization and assess strategies for local economies to adapt and thrive within this system.
22) Write a research paper that investigates the role of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin in the global economy. What potential do these currencies have to disrupt traditional financial systems? What are their implications for monetary policy?
23) Undertake a study of the impact of China’s economic ascendance on the global economy.
24) Explore the intricate effects of population growth and/or decline on economic systems, considering factors such as labor market dynamics, allocation of resources, and the potential for sustainable development.
Political Science Research Topics
25) Discuss the role of lobbyists in U.S. politics. Scrutinize their influence on policy-making, and discuss the broader implications for democratic representation.
26) What influence does the media have on political elections? Investigate how media coverage shapes public opinion and voter behavior.
27) Analyze the impact of immigration policy on the economy. Examine such policies’ immediate and long-term implications on the labor market and economy.
28) Discuss the role of the Supreme Court in shaping U.S. laws. Focus on the function the Supreme Court plays in establishing legal precedents.
29) Write a research paper examining the concept of free will, its origins, evolution, and implications.
30) Consider the implications of determinism. Look at its impact on individual agency and moral responsibility within the broader framework of philosophical tradition.
31) Undertake an in-depth analysis of happiness in philosophy, considering its interpretations and their influence on real-world practices.
32) Investigate how various philosophies have perceived consciousness through time. Trace this depiction of consciousness through various philosophical movements.
33) Discuss Nietzsche’s concept of the Übermensch, examining its underpinnings and implications.
Psychology research Topics
34) What role does social media play in shaping an individual’s self-esteem?
35) Explore childhood trauma’s long-lasting impact on adult interpersonal relationships and attachment styles.
36) Analyze the critical role that distinct parenting styles play in molding a child’s personality.
37) Research and discuss the psychological effects and health implications of prolonged exposure to stress.
Art Research Topics
38) Discuss the role of the Renaissance period on modern art, doing a side-by-side analysis of works from both eras.
39) Conduct a thorough analysis of the impact of street art on urban culture, examining how it reshapes public spaces and societal narratives.
40) Investigate the influence of Pop Art on modern design. You might focus on Pop Art’s particular impact on interior design and digital media.
41) Explore the role feminist art plays in promoting gender equality. How do feminist artworks challenge traditional gender roles and/or contribute to societal discourse?
Computer Science Research Topics
42) Artificial Intelligence is advancing rapidly. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks of this technology.
43) Discuss whether the use of facial recognition technology violates individuals’ privacy, as well as the broader implications such technology has on societal well-being.
44) Analyze the use of surveillance technology by the government. Is it ethical for the government to use such technology to monitor its citizens?
45) Investigate the rapid development and long-term effects of various social media platforms.
46) Investigate the history of book bans in schools. Discuss the larger cultural and educational impacts such bans have on students and society.
47) Analyze various forms of schooling, from homeschooling to public and private schools. Consider the implications of each on a child’s education and social skills.
48) Write a research paper examining the use of affirmative action or other race-conscious policies on college campuses. Discuss the impact such policies have, as well as potential benefits and drawbacks.
49) Consider the impact of standardized testing on student performance.
Government and Law Research Topics
50) Consider the role that intellectual property and copyright laws play in innovation.
51) Investigate the impact of anti-trust laws on big corporations. What are the economic effects of these laws?
52) Study the role that law enforcement plays in community safety.
53) Consider the legalization of marijuana on crime rates. Discuss the impact this legalization has had on various communities, as well as its benefits and drawbacks.
History Research Topics
54) Analyze the influence of the Civil Rights movement on modern America. How did this movement shape racial, social, and political dynamics in America?
55) Investigate how the French Revolution reshaped political structures and ideologies across Europe.
56) Analyze the significance of the fall of the Berlin Wall and how it marked a shift in the global balance of power.
57) Delve into the effects of the Cold War, as well as its impacts on global politics.
58) Examine the role that women played during World War II and what impact these roles had on challenging gender norms.
I’ve Got My Topic: What Now?
Once you’ve selected your topic, begin brainstorming ways to shape and craft your argument. Here’s one structure your research paper might take:
- Introduction: The introduction presents your research topic to readers and provides a roadmap for the paper ahead.
- Thesis Statement: Craft a compelling thesis statement summarizing your paper’s central arguments.
- Body : The body of the paper is where your carefully conducted research comes into play. Each paragraph should follow the previous one, building a logical progression of thoughts.
- Conclusion: In your conclusion, you reiterate the points you made in your paper and provide a closing paragraph to neatly tie up any last thoughts.
- Reference Page: This is where you credit your sources.
Once you’ve followed this structure, you’re on your way to crafting an excellent research paper. Of course, don’t let pesky typos undermine your hours of hard work and writing. Make sure to always proofread your work before turning it in. And if you’re passionate about research and writing, don’t stop there. Check out these summer programs for writing and journalism so that you can continue to fuel your passion.
- High School Success
With a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing from Columbia University and an MFA in Fiction from the Michener Center for Writers at the University of Texas at Austin, Lauren has been a professional writer for over a decade. She is the author of the chapbook A Great Dark House (Poetry Society of America, 2023) and a forthcoming novel (Viking/Penguin).
- 2-Year Colleges
- Application Strategies
- Big Picture
- Career & Personality Assessment
- College Essay
- College Search/Knowledge
- College Success
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Extracurricular Activities
- Graduate School Admissions
- High Schools
- Law School Admissions
- Medical School Admissions
- Navigating the Admissions Process
- Online Learning
- Summer Programs
“Innovative and invaluable…use this book as your college lifeline.”
— Lynn O'Shaughnessy
Nationally Recognized College Expert
College Planning in Your Inbox
Join our information-packed monthly newsletter.
Sign Up Now