Algebra & Pre-Algebra
Daily Math Review
Division (Long Division)
Order of Operations
Word Problems (Daily)
More Math Worksheets
Reading Comprehension Gr. 1
Reading Comprehension Gr. 2
Reading Comprehension Gr. 3
Reading Comprehension Gr. 4
Reading Comprehension Gr. 5
Reading Comprehension Gr. 6
Reading & Writing
Cause & Effect
Fact & Opinion
Fix the Sentences
Synonyms & Antonyms
Writing Story Pictures
More ELA Worksheets
More Phonics Worksheets
Sight Word Units
Sight Words (Individual)
More Early Literacy
Subjects and Predicates
More Grammar Worksheets
Spelling Grade 1
Spelling Grade 2
Spelling Grade 3
Spelling Grade 4
Spelling Grade 5
More Spelling Worksheets
Magic Tree House #1
More Literacy Units
Animal (Vertebrate) Groups
Butterfly Life Cycle
Matter (Solid, Liquid, Gas)
Space - Solar System
More Science Worksheets
Maps (Map Skills)
More Social Studies
New Year's Worksheets
More Holiday Worksheets
Puzzles & Brain Teasers
Logic: Addition Squares
Mystery Graph Pictures
Lost in the USA
More Thinking Puzzles
More Teacher Helpers
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Numbers and Counting
Word Search Generator
Multiple Choice Generator
More Generator Tools
Full Website Index
Articles (A, An, The)
With these printable worksheets, students will practice using the articles a , an , and the in sentences. Articles are special adjectives used in front of a noun to identify the noun.
Very Basic Level
Logged in members can use the Super Teacher Worksheets filing cabinet to save their favorite worksheets.
Quickly access your most used files AND your custom generated worksheets!
Please login to your account or become a member and join our community today to utilize this helpful feature.
Printable worksheets on nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, and more.
Sample Worksheet Images
PDF with answer key:
PDF no answer key:
- Join for FREE
- Printable Worksheets
- Online Lessons
- Test Maker™
- Printable Games
- Worksheet Generator
- Plans & Pricing
Printable & online resources for educators
- Test Maker TM
- Browse All Questions
- Questions With Images
- Advanced Search
Share/Like This Page
Filter by grade.
You are browsing Grade 3 questions. View questions in All Grades .
Grade 1 Grade 2 Grade 3 Grade 4 Grade 5 Grade 9
- All Subjects w/ Images (7037)
- By ELA/Literacy Standard
- By Math Standard
- All Subjects (11977)
Capitalization and Punctuation
Paragraph structure, parts of speech, prefixes and suffixes, sentence structure, subject-verb agreement, reading strategies, american culture, everyday english, slang and idioms.
- Health and Medicine (59)
- Life Skills (3)
- Math (2536)
- Physical Education (80)
- Science (1903)
- Social Studies (1422)
- Technology (3)
Third Grade (Grade 3) Articles Questions
You can create printable tests and worksheets from these Grade 3 Articles questions! Select one or more questions using the checkboxes above each question. Then click the add selected questions to a test button before moving to another page.
- FREE Printable Worksheets
- Common Core ELA Worksheets
- Common Core Math Worksheets
Beginner and intermediate articles worksheets.
An article is a word that comes before a noun. There are three articles in English; a, an, the. Use a or an with singular nouns. Us an if the next word starts with a vowel sound. These articles are important to writing sentences correctly. Without articles, words would not be connected correctly within the sentence.
Here is a graphic preview for all of the articles worksheets. Our articles worksheets are free to download and easy to access in PDF format. Use these articles worksheets in school or at home.
a. Grades K-5 Articles Worksheets b. Grades 6-8 Articles Worksheets c. Grades 9-12 Articles Worksheets
Here is a graphic preview for all the kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade Articles Worksheets. Click on the image to display our PDF worksheet.
Circling Articles Worksheet Part 1
Circling articles worksheet part 2, underlining articles worksheet part 1, underlining articles worksheet part 2.
A or An Articles Worksheet Part 1
A or an articles worksheet part 2, fill-in articles worksheet part 1, fill-in fill-in articles worksheet part 2, fill-in and underlining article worksheet.
A, an, the Articles Worksheets
A vs. An Articles Worksheets
Grades 6-8 Articles Worksheets
Here is a graphic preview for all the 6th grade, 7th grade and 8th grade Articles Worksheets. Click on the image to display our PDF worksheet.
Circling Articles Worksheet
Underlining Articles Worksheet
A or An Articles Worksheet
Fill-In Articles Worksheet
Fill-In and Underlining Articles Worksheet
A,An or The Articles Worksheet
Grades 9-12 Articles Worksheets
Here is a graphic preview for all the 9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade, and 12th grade Articles Worksheets. Click on the image to display our PDF worksheet.
Finding Articles Worksheet
Underlining Article Worksheet
Finding and Underlining Articles Worksheet
A or An Article Worksheet
Fill-In Article Worksheet
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print Only $3.49
Third Grade Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Grade 3 reading comprehension.
Use these free, printable worksheets to practice and improve reading comprehension, vocabulary and writing. Included are fiction and non-fiction passages at a grade 3 level. All worksheets are pdf files.
Leveled stories & reading worksheets
These leveled stories worksheets are from our series of leveled reading workbooks . Each successive level provides greater reading challenge. Reading exercises follow each story.
Free children's stories for third grade . Each passages isfollowed by 6 questions. These fiction and non-fiction texts are 350-450 words long.
These historical passages and fables are followed by comprehension questions. Exercises involve recalling information directly from the text as well as concepts such as prediction, inference and character traits.
Reading comprehension exercises for grade 3
These grade 3 reading worksheets focus on specific comprehension topics such distinguishing fact from opinion and sequencing events.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
Free Printable Articles Worksheets for 3rd Class
Explore a vast collection of Free Printable Reading & Writing Articles worksheets, tailored for Class 3 students and teachers. Dive into the world of literacy with Quizizz and discover innovative resources to enhance learning outcomes.
Explore Articles Worksheets by Grades
Explore Other Subject Worksheets for class 3
- Social studies
- Social emotional
- Foreign language
- Reading & Writing
Explore printable Articles worksheets for 3rd Class
Articles worksheets for Class 3 are an essential tool for teachers who want to help their students develop strong reading and writing skills. These worksheets focus on grammar and mechanics, ensuring that students have a solid foundation in understanding the parts of speech. By incorporating these worksheets into their lesson plans, teachers can provide engaging and interactive activities that reinforce key concepts in language arts. With a variety of exercises and activities, these worksheets are designed to meet the diverse needs of Class 3 students, making it easy for teachers to tailor their instruction to each individual learner. As students progress through the worksheets, they will gain confidence in their reading and writing abilities, setting them up for success in future language arts lessons. Articles worksheets for Class 3 are an invaluable resource for any teacher looking to enhance their students' grammar and mechanics skills.
Quizizz offers a wide range of resources for teachers, including articles worksheets for Class 3, which can be easily incorporated into their lesson plans. In addition to worksheets, Quizizz provides interactive quizzes and games that focus on reading, writing, grammar, and mechanics, as well as other essential parts of speech. These engaging activities help students practice their skills in a fun and interactive way, making learning enjoyable and effective. Teachers can also track their students' progress and performance, allowing them to identify areas where additional support may be needed. By using Quizizz in conjunction with articles worksheets for Class 3, teachers can create a comprehensive and dynamic learning experience that caters to the unique needs of each student. With Quizizz, teachers have access to a wealth of resources that can help their students excel in reading, writing, and grammar, setting them up for success in their language arts education.
Grade 3 Grammar Topic 34: Articles Worksheets
Grade 3 Grammar Topic 34: Articles Worksheets
For more topics on grade 3 grammar worksheets click here , recent articles.
Kindergarten Worksheets: Capital Letters
Kindergarten Worksheets: Small Letters
Kindergarten Worksheets: CVC Words
Kindergarten Worksheets: Big vs Small
Comments are closed.
- Parts Of Speech
Articles worksheet for class 3 with answers
- by Sampriti Debnath
articles worksheet for class 3 with answers (Grade 3)
Before you read any further related to the articles worksheet for class 3 with answers, it might be a good idea first to understand What is An Article ?
- ARTICLES – A, An, and The are called articles.
- A – We use ‘A’ before naming words that begin with consonant sounds. Example – A chair, A doll, etc.
- An – We use ‘An before naming words that begin with a vowel (a,e, i,o,u) sound. Example – An apple, An airplane, etc.
- The – The is used before names of things that are only one of their kind. Example – The sun, The moon, etc.
Articles Worksheet For Class 3 Questions
Add ‘a’ or ‘an’ before the words..
- …………. balloon.
- …………. arrow.
- …………. inkpot.
- …………. elbow.
- …………. fish.
- …………. tortoise.
- …………. hospital.
- …………. flower.
- …………. honest.
- …………. hour.
- …………. book.
- …………. star.
- …………. artist.
- …………. doll.
- …………. bench.
- …………. pencil.
- …………. aunt.
- …………. mango.
fill in the blanks with ‘a’, ‘an’ or ‘the’
- …………. horse runs fast.
- …………. moon is shining in …………. sky.
- I want to eat …………. mango.
- …………. river is full of water.
- …………. birds are flying in …………. sky.
- …………. earth revolves around …………. sun.
- …………. old man cannot become …………. young boy again.
- Take …………. umbrella.
- …………. old man and …………. little girl entered …………. hotel.
- Manish bought …………. doll for his sister. …………. doll was …………. gift for her birthday.
- Mohan is …………. boy.
- …………. sun shines brightly.
- I am reading …………. book.
- I saw …………. girl walking in…………. park.
- He is …………. honest man.
- Neha is …………. software engineer.
- Rohan can play …………. guitar.
- She fell asleep in …………. yellow chair.
- Yesterday we bought …………. new clock.
- Look at …………. clock in the wall.
- I don’t want …………. apple. I want …………. orange.
- …………. sun leaves us heat and light.
- This is not …………. toy. That is …………. real knife.
- …………. moon goes round …………. earth.
- …………. Qutab Minar is very tall.
- I waited for you for more than …………. hour.
- …………. walls of my room are light blue but …………. ceiling is white.
Fill article ‘A’ or ‘An’
- It is …………. dog.
- It is …………. elephant.
- It is …………. car.
- It is …………. igloo.
- She ate …………. apple.
- I saw …………. elephant.
- I have …………. test today.
- He is …………. very intelligent boy.
Circle the correct article that goes before each word.
articles worksheet for class 3 solutions
- An arrow.
- A tortoise.
- A hospital.
- A flower.
- An honest.
- An hour.
- A horse runs fast.
- The moon is shining in the sky.
- I want to eat a mango.
- The river is full of water.
- The birds are flying in the sky.
- The earth revolves around the sun.
- An old man cannot become a young boy again.
- Take an umbrella .
- An old man and a little girl entered a hotel.
- Manish bought a doll for his sister. The doll was a gift for her birthday.
- Mohan is a boy.
- The sun shines brightly.
- I am reading a book.
- I saw a girl walking in the park.
- He is an honest man.
- Neha is a software engineer.
- Rohan can play the guitar.
- She fell asleep in the yellow chair.
- Yesterday we bought a new clock.
- Look at the clock on the wall.
- I don’t want an apple. I want an orange.
- The sun leaves us heat and light.
- This is not a toy. That is a real knife.
- The moon goes around the earth.
- The Qutab Minar is very tall.
- I waited for you for more than an hour.
- The walls of my room are light blue but the ceiling is white.
- It is a dog.
- It is an elephant.
- It is a car.
- It is an igloo.
- She ate an apple.
- I saw an elephant.
- I have a test today.
- He is a very intelligent boy.
Printable Articles worksheet for class 3 Download Free PDF
You have finished the complete article. If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to comment below. We will respond as soon as possible. Or Email Us At [email protected]
1 thought on “Articles worksheet for class 3 with answers”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Noun Error Practice Set PDF for Bank…
Gap filling paragraph exercises with answers &…, work vs works – examples & practice…, noun error quiz for ssc cgl- online…, look vs. looks- examples & exercises to…, preposition exercise for class 4 with answers, noun errors exercise for ssc with other…, a, an, the, or no article exercises, articles worksheet for grade 2 with answer, free preposition exercises for class 10 i…, grammar practices.
Articles Worksheet for Grade 3 with Exercises
Here is an articles worksheet for Class 3 to practice. Fill in the blanks with an appropriate article- A , An , or The .
1. I have ………… small brother.
2. i am ………… eldest one in my family., 3. i am crazy about reading ……… horror story., 4. it is ………… interesting movie., 5. i don’t like to keep ………… animal for fun., 6. i own ………… dog and two cats., 7. eat ………… apple a day to stay healthy., 8. he is .…… unhappy boy., 9. ……… boy sitting next to me is looking unhealthy., 10. next month, i am flying to ………… united states of america..
We have multiple collections of articles worksheets for Grade 3 with answers . Free PDF of the worksheet on articles for Class 3 is available here to download.
Articles Worksheet for Grade 1
A and an exercises with pdf to download, articles worksheet for class 5, leave a comment cancel reply.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Greater Than Less Than
- Place Value
- 1st Grade Reading
- 2nd Grade Reading
- 3rd Grade Reading
- Cursive Writing
Articles Grade 3
Showing top 8 worksheets in the category - Articles Grade 3 .
Some of the worksheets displayed are My mom put a sandwiches in an articl the, Articles exercises insert a or an indefinite article, Articl a an the, Grammar work articlesrticlesrticles, Grammar practice ork articles, Grade 3 reading, Name advanced use of articles a and an, Grade 3 summarize.
Once you find your worksheet, click on pop-out icon or print icon to worksheet to print or download. Worksheet will open in a new window. You can & download or print using the browser document reader options.
2. My mom put a sandwiches in an oven. articl the
Articles exercises a. insert a or an indefinite article, articl a an the -, grammar worksheet aaaarticlesrticlesrticles, grammar practice orksheets articles, grade 3 reading -, name: advanced use of articles: a and an, grade 3 summarize -.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Article Worksheet for Grade 3. Practice with unlimited Maths and English worksheets only in www.grade1to6.com. Join now and excel in your examinations.
Help and Support
- Advertising & Marketing
- Terms and Conditions
BeeOne Media Private Limited Mayur Vihar, Phase - I Delhi - 110091 Email: [email protected] +91 99109 88727 (Phone and WhatsApp)
For any IPR(including Copyright) Licensing or other Contractual & Legal issues please contact our Attorneys:
COPYRIGHT © GRADE1TO6.COM (A UNIT OF BEEONE MEDIA PVT. LTD.) New Delhi, 2016. All Rights Reserved.
Articles Worksheets for CBSE Class 3
Here you can find many worksheets on Articles for Class 3 with answers for practice.
We already know that ‘a’, ‘an’ and ‘the’ are articles. There are two kinds of Articles: Indefinite Articles : a and an Definite Article : the Indefinite Articles ‘A’ and ‘an’ are called indefinite articles because they do not refer to any particular noun. We use indefinite articles before a singular countable noun. We use a or an when we talk about a common noun for the first time. We use a where the noun is singular and begins with a consonant sound. Examples: a parrot, a bag, a girl, a cake We use an when the noun is singular and begins with a vowel sound. Examples: an elephant, an owl, an old house, an orange Definite Article ‘The’ is called the definite article because it is used to refer to a particular noun. The definite article is used before both singular and plural nouns. We use the before nouns starting with consonants as well as vowels.
Articles Worksheets for Class 3 in PDF
- CBSE Class 3 English Articles Worksheet
- Articles Worksheet Exercise for Class 3
- Articles Class 3 English Grammar Worksheet
- Articles Worksheet For Class 3
- A, an or the Worksheet for CBSE Class 3
- Articles Worksheet Exercises for Class 3
- Articles English Grammar Worksheets for Class 3
- CBSE Class 3 English Articles Worksheet Exercises
- Articles Worksheet Exercises for CBSE Class 3
Articles Worksheets for Class 3 English with Answers
Worksheet 1: Articles (a, an, the)
Q: Fill in the blanks with the appropriate article (a, an, or the). If no article is needed, leave the blank empty.
- Answers: an, the
- Answers: a, The
- Answer: the
- She saw an apple in the tree.
- There is an elephant in the zoo.
- He wants to be an astronaut.
- I have a cat. The cat is black.
- They visited the museum yesterday.
Worksheet 2: Choosing the Correct Article
Q: Choose the correct article (a, an, or the) to complete each sentence.
- Answers: a, the
- I want an ice cream.
- He is a doctor.
- She has a red dress.
- There is an apple on the table.
- They saw a rainbow after the rain.
Q. Fill in the blanks with a, an, or the.
- I saw ___ elephant at the zoo.
- My sister wants to be ___ astronaut.
- Can I have ___ apple, please?
- ___ dog chased ___ cat up ___ tree.
- My dad took me to ___ park yesterday.
- She has ___ beautiful doll.
- My mom made ___ delicious cake for my birthday.
- We saw ___ movie last night.
- ___ owl hooted loudly in ___ night.
- He is ___ excellent swimmer.
- The, a, the
Q. Choose the correct article to complete the sentences.
- I want to buy ___ new book. a) a b) an c) the
- Can you pass me ___ salt, please? a) a b) an c) the
- My mom is ___ doctor. a) a b) an c) the
- Do you have ___ pet? a) a b) an c) the
- We went to ___ beach last weekend. a) a b) an c) the
Choose the correct article to complete each sentence.
- ___ apple a day keeps the doctor away. a) An b) The c) A Answer: c) A
- Do you have ___ pencil I can borrow? a) A b) An c) The Answer: a) A
- We saw ___ beautiful rainbow in the sky yesterday. a) An b) The c) A Answer: b) The
- ___ elephant is a large animal. a) A b) An c) The Answer: a) A
- My sister loves to play ___ guitar. a) A b) An c) The Answer: a) A
- ___ sun rises in the east and sets in the west. a) A b) An c) The Answer: c) The
- We went to ___ museum to see the dinosaur bones. a) A b) An c) The Answer: c) The
- My dad always reads ___ newspaper in the morning. a) A b) An c) The Answer: c) The
- ___ dog barked loudly at the mailman. a) A b) An c) The Answer: c) The
- I saw ___ old man walking down the street. a) A b) An c) The Answer: a) A
Fill in the blanks with a, an, or the.
- She took ………………….. book from ………………….. library.
- Do you have ………………….. extra pencil?
- I put ………………….. jar of milk in ………………….. fridge.
- There was ………………….. policeman standing at our gate.
- This is ………………….. house that Jack built.
- You can walk to ………………….. market or take ………………….. rickshaw.
- Tariq is ………………….. honest man.
- We waited for more than ………………….. hour.
- There are potholes in ………………….. road in front of our school.
- Mother told me to put ………………….. cake into ………………….. oven.
- We have given away ………………….. old furniture.
- Zarnad knows ………………….. shortcut to ………………….. school.
- Atif is …………………..very friendly boy.
- Let us go to ………………….. park near my house.
- Father was happy when he saw ………………….. report card.
- My uncle is ………………….. school teacher.
- We saw ………………….. mongoose fighting ………………….. snake.
- There was ………………….. elephant coming towards us.
- There is ………………….. bird sitting outside my window.
- We could not see anything in ………………….. dark.
Fill in the blanks with an appropriate article:
- _____ Qutub Minar is situated in Delhi.
- Rohan is _____ best performer in the class.
- Kailash Satyarthi has won _____ noble prize.
- I met _____ girl in the mall.
- Rahul returned from office after _____ hour.
- There is _____ institute for the children who are physically challenged.
- Rohan is _____ student in IIT.
- What _____ beautiful voice?
- Sonam is sitting in _____ library.
- Rahul is _____ artist.
Fill in the blanks with articles:-
a) ___________ bird is flying in sky.
b) ___________________Earth goes round ____________Sun.
c) Take __________________ umbrella when you go out in ____________ rain.
d) Manish bought doll for his sister. __________ doll was _________ gift for her birthday.
e) _____________________ egg is lying at the corner of ________________ table.
Answers : A, The, the, an, the, The, a, An, the
- ___ cat is sleeping on the couch. a) A b) An c) The Answer: The
- My brother wants ___ ice cream for dessert. a) a b) an c) the Answer: an
- ___ elephant has big ears. a) A b) An c) The Answer: The
- ___ boy is running in the park. a) A b) An c) The Answer: The
- My mom is reading ___ book on the sofa. a) a b) an c) the Answer: a
- ___ sunflower is a beautiful flower. a) A b) An c) The Answer: A
- Can I have ___ cookie, please? a) a b) an c) the Answer: a
- ___ tiger is an endangered animal. a) A b) An c) The Answer: A
- ___ girl is riding her bike in the street. a) A b) An c) The Answer: The
- ___ apple fell from the tree. a) A b) An c) The Answer: A
Test 3 term 1 smart start grade 2
TEST 3 TERM 1 SMART START GRADE 2
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
- Download PDF
Last Word on Sports
Washington Commanders Report Card: 2023 First Ten Games
Posted: November 14, 2023 | Last updated: November 14, 2023
With 10 games officially in the rearview mirror, it’s time for the first 2023 Washington Commanders report card. I wrote a detailed preseason article to predict the results of every game on Washington’s schedule this season. On the heels of a heartbreaking loss to Seattle, it’s important to take a step back and revisit the preseason expectations for this team. With the exception of one unexpected letdown, the Commanders have played almost exactly as predicted.
Commanders Ten-Game Report Card
Weeks 1-2: the false sense of security, vs. cardinals:.
Prediction: Win 31-15
Result: Win 20-16
Prediction: Win 24-21
Result: Win 35-33
Opening the season against two of the NFL’s weakest teams was a blessing and a curse. The hollow 2-0 record left an unsatisfied taste in many mouths, but wins are wins. Josh Dobbs and Russell Wilson made things interesting and forced late-game heroics from Sam Howell in both games. With an upcoming two-game gauntlet on the horizon, the first two weeks were enough of a test to somehow feel relieved, optimistic, and uneasy all at the same time.
Weeks 3-4: The Expected Struggle
Prediction: Loss 35-17
Result: Loss 37-3
Prediction: Loss 35-21
Result: Loss 34-31
The losses were predictable, but the scores were not. Buffalo obliterated Washington in every aspect of the football game, bringing any remaining optimists back down to Earth after the first two wins. The team responded well to the embarrassment, nearly knocking off an elite Eagles team in overtime on the road. If only one or two plays had gone the other way, the overall sentiment in D.C. could be in a very different place today. Inconsistency prevents the Commanders from receiving a better grade for this stretch.
Week 5: The Letdown
Prediction: Win 27-24
Result: Loss 40-20
This was one of the most shocking performances of the last few seasons. After a promising showing against the Eagles, many fans expected Washington to keep the momentum rolling in primetime against a winless Bears team. Instead, Chicago jumped to a 17-0 lead in the first 12 minutes and a 27-3 lead at halftime. With a chance to move above .500, this loss was extremely disappointing and set the tone for another middling Rivera season.
Weeks 6-7: The Road Split
Prediction: Win 21-20
Result: Win 24-16
Prediction: Loss 30-24
Result: Loss 14-7
The Commanders were destined to win exactly one of these two road games against below-average opponents. That’s just what they do. Howell won the sophomore QB battle over Desmond Ridder, but failed to score double-digit points against a Giants team led by Tyrod Taylor. Well-rounded, well-coached teams should take care of business and win both of these games. Washington is currently neither of those things.
Weeks 8-10: The Litmus Test
Prediction: Loss 31-27
Result: Loss 38-31
Prediction: Win 24-17
Result: Win 20-17
Prediction: Loss 38-35
Result: Loss 29-26
This three-game slate was more informative than any other stretch of the season. It transpired precisely as predicted, but the 1-2 record could have just as easily been 0-3 or 3-0. All three games were within one possession, and both losses came on the final drive of the fourth quarter. The Commanders have reached the point where they’re competitive in almost every game. Minor tweaks in clock management and late-game decision-making could make all the difference moving forward.
Overall Commanders Report Card
A 4-6 record at this point of the season feels like a disappointment. With the team sitting under .500 again, in Rivera’s fourth straight season, fans are justifiably frustrated and anxious for change in the nation’s capital. That change is likely to come soon. That being said, grades need to be based on preseason expectations, not emotions. The Commanders have won one less game than expected and sit two games out of the seventh-place wildcard spot. Given their talent on the field and in the headsets, it’s probably right where they belong. On the bright side: Washington has found its franchise quarterback and has the resources to build around him for the future.
Want more articles like this? Follow Last Word On Sports on MSN to see more of our exclusive NFL content.
- 'MNF' takeaways: Loss to Broncos puts serious dent in Bills' playoff hopes
- Former Jets coach defends Zach Wilson after latest loss
- The 'NFL Coach of the Year' quiz
Trending slideshow: 21 NFL assistants who could soon become head coaches (Provided by Yardbarker)
More for You
Ukraine's Advance Puts Putin's Prize Possession at Risk
Hunter Biden asks judge to subpoena Donald Trump, Bill Barr in federal gun case
Nasa’s James Webb telescope spots collection of shocking materials on distant planet
I went to 3 Burger Kings in New York City and saw firsthand why the fast-food giant is closing hundreds of restaurants
Endometriosis is ‘not a gynaecological condition’, says founder of charity with transgender CEO
Iranian official who reportedly helped Hamas plan Israel attack is seen shaking hands with UN aid leader
Republican Cuts Off Colleague's Speech About Capitol Riot Conspiracy Theory
38 Make-Ahead Appetizer Recipes to Always Have on Hand
Stimulus Checks: How much money is the IRS sending at the end of this month?
Putin's war with Ukraine has basically killed off one of Russia's most successful tech companies
Zero Points, One Headlock, Three Ejections, 103 Seconds: The NBA’s Hectic, Historic Night
Thanksgiving travel prediction: Storm duo could wreak havoc for millions
Marjorie Taylor Greene Gets ‘Lesson in Civics’ During Fiery Confrontation
Derek Chauvin claims new evidence shows he didn't cause George Floyd's death, attempts to overturn conviction
Deshaun Watson out for season, plus Prisco's Week 11 picks and a rookie is at No. 1 in our QB rankings
I'm a boomer who moved to Texas and was able to retire early. Almost everything is cheaper here, but the bugs and snakes are wild.
'Silent Reflux': Savannah Guthrie's Diagnosis, Explained
NTSB head calls deaths on America’s roadways a ‘public health crisis’ as Ohio high school mourns 6 killed in crash
Trudeau takes first official flight on new VIP federal government jet
Target Sparks Conservative Outrage Over 'Woke' Christmas Ornaments