- Account & billing
- Premium, billing & subscriptions
- Upgrading to a Premium plan
Business Basic Premium Plan Overview
- Accept online payments
- Remove Wix Ads from your site
- Replace the Wix favicon in the browser tab with your own one
- Change the free Wix URL to your own custom domain (which can be purchased from Wix or from another domain host)
- Receive Wix Vouchers when purchasing a yearly subscription or higher
- Upload up to 5 hours of video with Wix Video
- Get up to 20 GB of storage and unlimited bandwidth
- Free SSL certificate
- Events Calendar App - Free for 1 year
- Connecting a personal domain to your site
- Accepting payment through a choice of payment methods
- Fully customize the design of your eCommerce site
- Look stunning on desktop and mobile
- Create the shipping rules you need
- Manage your store on the go using the Wix Owner app
- Offering secure purchasing with SSL encryption
- Create online services via Zoom
- Use flexible scheduling options for classes
- Offer membership plans and packages
- Manage your business on-the-go with the Wix mobile app
- Add multiple staff members
- Set staff permissions
- Send clients email and SMS reminders
- Sync with Google Calendar
- Connect your domain and remove Wix ads
- Accept secure payments online with global payment providers
- Get analytics info about your bookings
- Access premium support 24/7
- Taking restaurant orders online
- Accepting payment for online orders
- Accepting online table reservations
- Removing Wix branding
- Connecting your own domain
- Additional bandwidth and storage
- Premium support
- Allow guests to make reservations on your site
- Accept secure online payments
- Remove Wix branding
- Advanced pricing options (seasonal rates, extra charges)
- Free trial in Channel Manager HotelRunner
- Upload videos longer than 10 minutes (no limit per video)
- Livestream up to 3 hours at a time
- Allow others to embed your video on their site
- Add your logo to your video player
- Create Events
- Sell tickets online
- Sell tickets using Point of Sale (POS)
- Host online events on Wix Live
- Host online events on Zoom
Did this help?
Related content, hire a wix partner.
Home » Website Builders » Wix Pricing 2023: Which Pricing Plan Is Best (and Worst)?
Wix Pricing 2023: Which Pricing Plan Is Best (and Worst)?
Our independent research projects and impartial reviews are funded in part by affiliate commissions, at no extra cost to our readers. Learn more
Ecommerce pricing, overall rating.
5 out of 5 stars
Written and researched by:
Wix has eight paid plans , starting from $16 per month (billed annually), plus a free plan that you can use for as long as you like.
Wix prices range from $16 per month to $59 per month (billed annually), plus a custom plan for large enterprises. The Combo plan is the cheapest at $16 per month , and gives you an ad-free site, whereas, the $22 per month Unlimited plan is best for freelancers.
If ecommerce is your game, you’ll need to start with one of Wix’s Business plans. There are three to choose from, but the cheapest is the $27 per month Business Basic plan .
Here’s a look at all Wix’s price plans, billed annually:
Wix Pricing Plans
- Free plan: – $0
- Combo plan: – $16/month
- Unlimited plan: – $22/month
- Pro plan: – $27/month
- VIP plan: – $45/month
- Business Basic (ecommerce): – $27/month
- Business Unlimited (ecommerce): – $32/month
- Business VIP (ecommerce): – $59/month
- Enterprise: – Custom pricing
In this article, we’ll dive further into Wix’s price plans to help you make the best choice for your site, while avoiding any hidden costs.
Overview of Wix’s Price Plans
Click the + to see prices in £.
- Connect Domain plan: £6/month (£4/month paid yearly)
- Combo plan: £10.50/month (£7.50/month paid yearly)
- Unlimited plan: £14/month (£11/month paid yearly)
- VIP plan: £26/month (£21/month paid yearly)
- Business Basic plan : £18/month (£15/month paid yearly)
- Business Unlimited plan : £23/month (£20/month paid yearly)
- Business VIP plan: £31/month (£27/month paid yearly)
Click the + to see prices in €
- Connect Domain plan: €8/month (€5.50/month paid yearly)
- Combo plan: €14/month (€10/month paid yearly)
- Unlimited plan: €21/month (€17/month paid yearly)
- VIP plan: €35/month (€29/month paid yearly)
- Business Basic plan : €25/month (€20/month paid yearly)
- Business Unlimited plan : €36/month (€30/month paid yearly)
- Business VIP plan: €52 month (€44/month paid yearly)
Should you go for an annual plan?
You can see from the table above that there’s a huge amount to be saved by paying for your plan upfront for a year (or more), rather than month to month. We totally get it – signing up to a year can feel intimidating. But the reality is that you’ll probably want your site for at least a year, and in most cases a whole lot longer. If your concern is committing to Wix as a platform, remember:
- The free plan is perfect for testing out how Wix works, and building a site you like, without paying a cent
- There’s a 14-day money-back guarantee with all premium plans, so you have two weeks to try the additional features, then change your mind
We’ve tested Wix thoroughly across different areas, including design, ease of use, and features. We’ve also analyzed Wix’s value for money, where it scores 3 out of 5 . This is an 11.8% decrease from last year’s value score of 3.4 out of 5. Why the change? Well, web builder prices have increased across the board, but Wix’s features haven’t increased/improved at the same rate. While its features remain some fo the best on the market, we haven’t seen them increase in line with Wix’s price increases.
Although this isn’t the highest score for this category, Wix does come out on top of the pack for its website features, where we awarded it a near-perfect 4.8 out of 5! Wix now comes with an Semrush integration, a keyword tool that helps you view keywords, and has an SEO checklist, where you can initially set up your keywords.
So, although it might not be the cheapest builder we’ve tested, you certainly get a lot for your money! You can see Wix’s ratings below:
4.4 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
4.6 out of 5 stars
4.8 out of 5 stars
4.7 out of 5 stars
- Do you want to know more about Wix? Read our in-depth Wix Review for more details.
- Good news – you don’t have to pay for your website! Just take a look at our list of the Best Free Website Builders .
- Not sold on Wix? See how it compares or choose a different builder in our Website Builder Comparison Chart .
- Make sure you choose a great quality builder by checking our review of the Best Website Builders .
Wix's Website Plans (Non-Ecommerce)
Wix has four paid plans for people who just want to build a website, rather than an online store. For those of you wanting to build a personal blog, portfolio, or a business site, one of these plans will be for you.
These plans range from $16/month up to $45/month. Here’s an overview of the key differences between them:
Storage space relates to the amount of content you can hold on your site (that’s pages, blog posts, images etc.), and still have your site work normally. Your site won’t suddenly get ‘full’ and block you from uploading more, but as you get closer to the limit, you will notice it gets slower, and possibly experiences downtime or times out visitors.
Here’s some context around storage space limits:
- This high-res image (not compressed) is 2.3MB , or 0.115% of the Combo plan storage, 0.046% of the Unlimited plan storage, 0.005% of the Pro plan storage, and 0.002% of the VIP plan storage.
- The homepage of this Wix-made site is 81.86MB , or 4.10% of the Combo plan storage, 1.64% of the Unlimited plan storage, 0.16% of the Pro plan storage, and 0.082% of the VIP plan storage.
- This post is 666.25KB , or 0.033% if the Combo storage, 0.013% of the Unlimited plan storage, 0.001% of the Pro plan storage, and 0.0006% of the VIP plan storage.
$700 ad voucher
$700 ad voucher is comprised of:
- $500 Google Ads (with a $500 purchase)
- $100 Bing Ads
- $100 in Local Listings
There are some pretty stringent terms and conditions around this one – you have to purchase an annual Wix plan upfront, and your Google AdWords account must be under 2 weeks old, among others – but this is actually a pretty great perk. If you were already considering paid ads, this is a huge pro for the Unlimited plan and above.
Professional logo design
Every Wix customer has access to the Logo Maker, but unless you’re on the Pro or VIP plan, you’ll only be able to download a very low res version. With the Pro and VIP plan, you get around 40 high-res versions in different styles/formats. Your logo design is created using AI (Artificial Intelligence), rather than a professional designer, so calling it a ‘professional’ design is a bit of a stretch. They do come out pretty good, though.
English-speaking customers can request a callback 24/7, but those with the VIP plan’s ‘priority support’ will always be brought to the front of the queue. On all plans you can enjoy 24/7 priority support via phone and live chat, and when you upgrade to a higher plan you can get VIP phone support which places you right at the front of the line.
Combo Plan: $16.00/month
- Ideal for portfolios, resumes, small blogs, personal sites
- Great for fuss-free business promotion
- Far more professional than the free plan
- A great ad-free starter plan
Unlimited Plan: $22.00/month
- SEO app (helps local people find you)
- Paid ad vouchers (great for testing the water with paid advertising)
- More storage (faster site)
- Increased video allowance
- A worthwhile step up for small businesses and freelancers
Pro Plan: $27.00/month
- Free additional features, like the calendar app
- A leg up with branding and marketing
- Use of the Wix Logo Maker for rebranding
- Access Wix Ascend for bespoke marketing support
VIP Plan: $ 45 .00/month
- Best for big/popular sites
- Maximum storage capacity
- Priority support
- A bit overpriced for what it is, but worth it if you make money from your site
Wix's Business Plans (Ecommerce)
For those of you wanting to sell products through your website, you’ll need an ecommerce plan. Wix has three ecommerce plans for you to choose from, ranging in price from $23 to $49 per month (billed annually).
Plus no Wix plan comes with transaction fees which is awesome! But depending on what payment method you choose you’ll have a processing fee of around 2.9% + $0.30 per purchase. Here’s a side-by-side look at Wix’s ecommerce plans, comparing key features:
Want to Sell Online With Wix?
Business basic plan: $ 27/month.
- Best plan for starting with ecommerce
- No transaction fees
- Stripped back features, but fine for starting out
- You’ll want to upgrade to the Unlimited plan (below) as soon as sales start to pick up
Business Unlimited Plan: $ 32/ month
- Upgrade to this plan once you’re getting steady sales
- Tools to level up your ecommerce efforts
- Add product reviews to your site – a huge trust signal
- Unlock USPS discounts, and automated sales tax calculations (up to 100 transactions)
- Option to start dropshipping and accepting subscriptions
Business VIP Plan: $ 59 /month
- Streamline, refine, grow
- Upgrade your caps: more online reviews, more transactions with automated sales tax
- Additional USPS discount
- A steep price hike, but worth it if you’re making good money
If you’re not already with Wix and this plan looks most suitable for you, you’d be better off starting straight off on a dedicated ecommerce platform, like Shopify .
Enterprise: Custom pricing
This plan is a relatively new Wix addition. It has previously been listed as $500/month, but is now a ‘Custom price.’ This means that you need to contact the Wix Enterprise sales team for more information on pricing.
Honestly, this plan is a bit of an enigma. It’s hard to see what you’d be getting, or why it’s worth pursuing as an option. Our advice? If you feel the Business plans above won’t serve your needs, or you’ve outgrown them, it’s time to check out a dedicated ecommerce platform, like Shopify or BigCommerce .
Is the Free Plan Really Free?
Yes. Wix offers a completely free plan, with up to 500MB storage. In many ways, it’s great – there’s no time limit, and you can build and publish your site without paying a cent.
You don’t need any payment details to sign up to Wix’s free plan, either – all you do is create an account with your email address, and you can start building your site . But we do warn users against sticking on the free plan for too long, as it limits growth and isn’t too professional.
However, the free plan is not so great in other ways. It provides limited features, and your website will have Wix adverts on each page. There’s also a range of other drawbacks, which we’ll cover below.
5 Things You Should Know About the Free Plan
- You can’t use your own domain name
- You’ll have Wix adverts displayed on your site
- You can’t sell online
- You only get limited features, e.g. no access to Google Analytics
- You receive basic customer support, e.g. no priority support options
Here’s a demo website that one of our team made with the free Wix plan, which shows some of this in action: https://carnagelucy.wixsite.com/lucyscupcakes
So, do we recommend Wix’s free plan? Well, sort of – but only because it’s free. If you want a successful, professional, or popular website, you will need a better plan than the free version.
The free plan is really only suitable for playing on. If you’re at all serious about your site, then picking a paid plan is a much smarter move (although you can always take your time building on the free plan, then upgrade). For the more price-conscious amongst you, the cheapest website builder plan is the $16 per month Combo plan , but if you want to sell products through your site, the cheapest ecommerce plan is the $27 per month Business Basic plan .
Do You Want to Try Wix?
Wix vs competitor pricing.
There’s no denying that Wix has changed tact with its pricing over the years, doing away with cheaper plans like the Connect Domain option, which used to be around $5/month (and is still available in the UK for £4/month).
The Combo plan (Wix’s cheapest paid plan for US customers) has increased by around $2/year over the past few years to its current price of $16 per month. This is in line with industry-wide price increases and is a pretty standard starting price in 2023.
Here’s a quick breakdown of how Wix’s pricing compares with our other top-rated website builders. We’ve included each builder’s cheapest paid plan (in blue) alongside its best value for money plan (in purple):
Does being more expensive make Wix a bad option? No. The jump in price is balanced out by a wealth of new website features that gives Wix an advantage in this category, getting a quality of features score of 5 out of 5 . Overall though Wix has a value score of 3 out 5 due to a pricing increase of 14% since last year. This serves to label Wix as a more ‘premium’ platform, where you get a lot for your money.
With Wix’s new features you now get Semrush SEO keyword tools, and increased multilingual tools – Wix has also increased the amount of supported languages, now supporting 180 languages from 100.
If you want to get the most out of Wix, we’d recommend signing up to its $27/month Business Basic plan which gives you access to a wide range of quality tools and features (and is the cheapest plan which allows you to sell online).
Wix Is a Quality Website Builder With a Ton of Features
Any hidden or additional costs.
Beyond paying the monthly subscription fee , there are other additional Wix costs to keep in mind, here’s a look at each of them:
1. Wix auto-renewal
Not an additional cost, but may be unexpected
This is not exactly an additional charge, but many customers don’t realize that Wix’s subscriptions are set to renew automatically, at the end of your subscription period.
If you don’t want your plan to auto-renew, you can simply turn it off in your settings. Here’s how:
- Go to Billing and Payments in your Wix account
- Click Plan Actions
- Click Cancel Now
Don’t worry – clicking ‘Cancel Now’ doesn’t actually cancel your plan there and then. Instead, it means your plan won’t automatically renew next time your subscription expires.
2. Wix domain name cost (only free for first year of annual plans)
$14.95 to $24.85 per year
Wix domains are free for the first year , after which most domains cost $14.95 per year. More specialized domains can cost up to around $24.85 per year.
If you don’t pay for your domain, then someone else can register that domain name and use it for themselves. Your domain name’s renewal happens automatically, so that you don’t accidentally lose your domain.
- We have a complete domain names guide that will dig into this.
- If you do decide to get your domain name from Wix, here is their page that will give you more information .
3. Custom email addresses
$4.08 per month per email address
Wix has partnered up with G Suite (basically Google’s Gmail for Business) to enable you to create custom email addresses directly within your Wix account, meaning you can pay for, set up, and configure your email addresses right inside Wix’s dashboard.
It costs $6.00 per month if you sign up for an annual plan, or $6.50 if you decide to go with a month-to-month plan.
Not sure you need a custom email? Think again! 75% of US ecommerce customers say that a professional email is an essential factor in trusting a business. When a generic email address can make 33% of buyers doubt your trustworthiness, paying out for a custom email address is worth it!
4. Add extra for apps
Free to $20+/month per app
While Wix has tons of free apps in the Wix App Market – 55 to be exact – it also has a number of premium apps you can add to your site. Most apps come with both a free and premium version, so you can choose which you want.
Premium apps vary in price, usually ranging between $3 and $20/month per app . Some apps come with a free trial, while others are paid from day one.
You can start on the free version, and then upgrade to the premium app at any time. Wix’s auto-renewal applies to premium apps , so if you don’t want to keep paying for an app, make sure to turn this off in your settings .
5. Wix Payments Processing Fees
Depending on the payment method there are different processing fees with Wix Payments.
While using Wix Payments, credit and debit cards will have a 2.9% of the transaction amount plus $0.30. Wix Payments POS is a 2.6% + 0 USD processing fee. While Apple Pay is 2.9% of the transaction amount + 0.30 USD. This depends heavily on where the payment is being processed too, so check the Wix processing fees page to find out exactly the amount for your region and payment method.
Summary of Wix Pricing Plans
Considering Wix pricing has eight different plans to choose from, there’s something for everyone. If you’re building a website, we’d recommend either starting out on the free plan or with the $16 per month Combo plan . Not only is this the cheapest one available, but it’s also a big step up from the free plan. It’s just the thing for adding a gloss of professionalism to your website.
If you’re building an online store, we recommend the $32 per month Business Unlimited plan, especially if you really want to give your store a boost and take things to the next level, it is just the thing. It gives you access to more advanced features and is perfect if you’re looking to grow your online store.
Wix Pricing: FAQs
Do i need to pay for hosting with wix, do wix free websites expire, how much does a wix domain cost, does wix seo cost money, is it easy to upgrade or downgrade my plan, what is the best wix premium plan, does wix have any hidden costs, does wix have a free trial, can you sell products on the wix free plan, how can i pay for my wix subscription, is wix more expensive than squarespace, found this guide helpful.
Did this guide help you? Leave a comment below.
Do you know anyone who can benefit from this guide? Send them this page or click on the share buttons on the left.
You’ll be helping them out, and you’ll be helping us out by spreading the word about our website!
I’m the Content Manager here at Website Builder Expert, which means I read and edit nearly all the content we publish, and work with our wonderful writers and researchers to bring you the best possible advice for achieving your online goals. Over the past five years I’ve built demo websites using all the website builders we review, so I have the experience and expertise to help you out. You’ve got the experts on your side – I’m here to help you reach your online goals, and enjoy the process too!
Found this article helpful?
Share this article or comment below!
Is Wix Business Plan Worth?
Last updated on October 1, 2022 @ 2:59 am
If you’ve been thinking about starting a website, you may have considered using Wix.com. Wix is a website builder that allows you to create a website without having to code or design it yourself. It’s a popular option for small businesses and individuals who want to create a website quickly and easily.
There are two main types of plans on Wix: the free plan and the paid plan. The free plan is pretty basic and includes ads on your website. The paid plan starts at $11 per month and includes more features and no ads.
So, is the Wix Business Plan worth it? Let’s take a look at some of the features of the paid plan to see if it’s right for you.
One of the main features of the Wix Business Plan is that you can remove the Wix branding from your website. This branding can be a bit intrusive on the free plan, so it’s nice to be able to remove it if you’re willing to pay for the privilege.
Another feature of the paid plan is that you get access to Google Analytics. This is a valuable tool that helps you track your website’s traffic and see how people are finding your site. If you’re serious about growing your website, Google Analytics is a must-have.
Finally, with the Wix Business Plan, you get unlimited bandwidth and storage. This means you can have as much traffic as your website can handle without having to worry about exceeding your limit and being charged extra. If you have a lot of content or high-resolution images, this is a great option to have.
5 Related Question Answers Found
Is wix premium plan worth, is wix domain worth, is wix worth the price, is wix worth paying for, is wix worth the money.
Cloud infrastructure engineer and tech mess solver.
Choose professional solutions to power your Wix website
Explore by Category
Create your own
Professional website, wix business solutions.
The Wix Support Center has tons of videos, tutorials and demos available to help you create your free website. Just type in your question and go!
Wix has eight paid plans, starting from $16 per month (billed annually), plus a free plan that you can use for as long as you like. Wix prices range from $16 per month to $59 per month (billed annually)
Sign in to your Wix account to use a wide variety of Wix tools
One of the main features of the Wix Business Plan is that you can remove the Wix branding from your website. This branding can be a bit intrusive on the free plan, so it's nice to be able to remove it if you're willing to pay for the privilege
The Wix App Market offers 250+ powerful web apps for your Wix website. Integrate your site with leading marketing or financial tools, sell online, and more